I just want to say thanks!

weapon02

A group of us on Saturday rode from Owen Sound to Hope Bay (wow what a view) over to the 108 and back.

It must of been alot of work to get those trails open limited.

We had lunch and dinner at Kettles just north of Chatsworth. I would highly recommend eating there.

With little base and all the fresh snow the conditions were excellent early. On the way home they were beat up but we had an amazing time!!!

I have never seen that many snowmobiles in one area. Busy wouldn't describe it.

And now it must be frustrating to have to start over again making the trails smooth.

Hope this warm up doesn't hurt things too bad. I would like to come back again soon.

Thanks again

I agree completely Weapon, we live in Owen Sound, had an amazing day of riding Saturday, and again Sunday, lots of traffic but came across mostely respectful courteous riders! Kudoos to The SKR's for making our home turf so great!

Thanks folks...Got my fingers, toes and eyes crossed right now just hoping to save base!

i too was in that area on sat. trails were pretty good ,we just cant get a break this winter ,weather wise

I mean , all credit to our groomer guy Jingles. He worked his butt off. Our one trail , our new trail, has turned into a dud for this year, but not without a lot of trying. Can't fix slop. We have areas to work on and we know where they are but having said that our trails took a pounding this past weekend. OPP reported 575 sleds checked this weekend. ( only 8 without permits!!!)

I mean , all credit to our groomer guy Jingles. He worked his butt off. Our one trail , our new trail, has turned into a dud for this year, but not without a lot of trying. Can't fix slop. We have areas to work on and we know where they are but having said that our trails took a pounding this past weekend. OPP reported 575 sleds checked this weekend. ( only 8 without permits!!!)

Did the club loose the old trail from the Glen management area to the rail line , I see riders are still going though there . That was a great way to get onto the rail line .

We rode this area fri and sat also this past weekend,,gotta agree,the trails were awesome.Hopefully it will be salvagable as we would like to get back up there and ride again,was getting heavily beatup sat afternoon,but better than sittin on the couch.

Thx to all who maintain the trails.

Archived