Place to Stay in huntsville or near by ???

Akronsnow

Looking for a nice place to stay in or around Huntsville 1-2 through 2-5 we have stayed at the comfort before but there isn't really any place close to eat and don't really want the high cost of Deerhurst. Any suggestions? We don't mind driving a little further, maybe around Kearny, We stayed at Sand lake before the new motel was built but I don't remember how far off 11 it was to get there ? GOnna be there for 3 nights so we don't want a S_ _ T hole. It would be nice to have somewhere fairly close to the highway if possible.

Thanks for the help

Sand lake is about 30 minutes from highway 11 on highway 518. A little distance but it is usually an easy drive. Either Edgewater or Silversands, both on Sand Lake, are good spots to stay.

Try Blue Spruce Resort in Dwight 1855 635 2330. Like 20 min east of Huntsville on highway 60. Fully equipped cabins. Reasonable but real nice. Forget the owners name but he is very involved with local club and runs groomer out of there. Dorset to the south, other sled friendly places in area for meals. Way better than being right in Huntsville area, you won't be disappointed.

Try Blue Spruce Resort in Dwight 1855 635 2330. Like 20 min east of Huntsville on highway 60. Fully equipped cabins. Reasonable but real nice. Forget the owners name but he is very involved with local club and runs groomer out of there. Dorset to the south, other sled friendly places in area for meals. Way better than being right in Huntsville area, you won't be disappointed.

I've stayed at Blue Spruce and I really like it. The cabins are very clean with great views over the lake. The owners are very nice and very knowledgeable about the trails and conditions. The cabins have full kitchens so you can cook dinner and breakfast.

I've also heard good reviews for silver sands and edgewater.

Blue Spruce is just off the highway with good sledding in all directions

Looking for a nice place to stay in or around Huntsville 1-2 through 2-5 we have stayed at the comfort before but there isn't really any place close to eat and don't really want the high cost of Deerhurst. Any suggestions? We don't

mind driving a little further, maybe around

Kearny, We stayed at Sand lake before the new

motel was built but I don't remember how far off

11 it was to get there ? GOnna be there for 3

nights so we don't want a S_ _ T hole. It would

be nice to have somewhere fairly close to the

highway if possible.

Thanks for the help

Save yourself some grief and go to mattawa.

Lots of snow from there all way to pembroke.

Wasn't much snow on the trails north of kearny,

just rocks. With the warm up coming eastern ontario has enough snow to survive.

Archived