Barrie/orillia rail line

skidoo700

Question ???????-- Why is it that Orillia can open up their portion but Barrie can't.There appears to be the same amount of snow.Has the Barrie club folded or what ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am wondering what is happening with D8 as well? We have had allot of snow over the past 5 days - and still snowing......I thought that this area would at least be marked as limited by today - but it is still showing red. Perhaps White Dragon might update us on what the Sno Voyageurs are up to? Would be much appreciated! Thanks!

i know for barrie groomer to get to the railbed they have to cross a swampy area...should be good now though...as for why nothing else is open...not sure,will call to see whats up...i'm hoping for local run on friday

Yes - we were hoping for a local run as well on Friday - I haven't been out driving around for a few days because of weather - so I don't know if they have groomed the trails up our way in Anten Mills yet - they should be the first to groom as the groomer shed is just down the road ;)

Looks like the Orillia club is the club to support ( What happened to district 16 )

At my shop on 93 and Partridge there's more snow in the field now then there was all of last winter! Maybe it's a manpower issue... no groomer ops?

The wind has blown some open field section down a bit but they would still be passable if groomed. Swampy areas are solid for sure. Frustrating we can't ride local.

Maybe the other end of the railtrail leads to wet areas and wheat fields?

Maybe the other end of the railtrail leads to wet areas and wheat fields?

thx scott,how are the trails coming along...

Still showing "red" unavailable on the OFSC Trail map as of this morning :banghead: . Mr. Giddy noticed that the groomer had been down B Trail across Hwy 27 south of Horseshoe Valley Road yesterday as he was driving - I think we will take a short spin out there today to find out what is going on :wtf:

It would be great if the Snow Voyageurs' website gave you an update on what was going on with the club like the ADSC website does. Not sure if that is possible, but would be a suggestion to the club to have somebody just post a brief comment like the ADSC club does everyday? Just my 2 cents :soapbox:

I will report back on what we find/see when we get home later this afternoon :wavey:

Typical for Barrie to drop the ball on info.Or is it because they see a slight chance of showers next week.So they say forget it

Typical for Barrie to drop the ball on info.Or is it because they see a slight chance of showers next week.So they say forget it

i live on the north end of barrie's area,we only have 6'' of snow right now...doesn't make sense to groom any trails other than railbeds,they have opened some trails..

North end of Barrie has lots more snow than south of here. Drove past B trail at Horseshoe Valley - Groomed ...........drove past B Trail crossing Hwy 27 south of Horseshoe - Groomed. Looks like it is now groomed up to C junction now at least :D Heading out tomorrow on the sled to see how conditions are. Lightly snowing here as I type

well,just went to check & b112b is freshly groomed down to railbed.don't think its open yet...but updates are done tonite i think...hope all are happy again...

Couch was being checked today.

Our section of the B112B is in great shape. I've groomed it twice this week :)

As for Couch we as a club require 10" of ice before we send our volunteers out to stake it. As of Tuesday there were reports of 6-8". Chances are it won't be until next weekend that anything gets done......assuming too the warm weather scheduled for next week stays away. Our trails on the west side of town are starting to take shape. Groomers have been out everyday this week. More snow would of course be much appreciated.

thx oro guy...you guys have been doing great job this yr

Do you think that Couch will be staked this year at all?

after the cold this wk cooch will be frozen to the bottom....huts been out for wk or two

X2

I always enjoy riding the Orillia club trails!! :right_on:

This is a shot of the b112b out side of Midhurst. Needs more snow

(null)post-19706-43386_thumb.jpg

(null)

Wow, is that ever depressing. But, thanks for the actual shot. I hope everyone stays off it now.

(null)

thx for help scott showing why,your the backbone of the trail work.know you put 110% into it to get trails open,surpised you haven't jumped in early...just hate to hear riders bitch when some many people give their best(knowing it might be in vain)just to fall victim to low snow...without you guys barrie trails would be gone...thx for what you've done,doing & gonna do

x3. trails are looking great. thanks

Archived