Muskoka Man

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is from the Almaguin District Snowmobile Club website today:

All ADSC trails are classed as available

February 27th 2013 7:42 am

-0c all adsc groomers running

Trail soft during the day but setting up great at night. ample snow trails in great shape. Bit of snow this morning should make for a great weekend of sledding

thanks giddy !!!!!

Keep a close watch on the weather. There is some road running in places which will be bare. We left Muskoka today and it was raining just like whits-end said.

thanks extreme600 ....i was wondering about that.... current condition on enviroment canada saying that huntsville is getting rain right now and i hope not the case cuzz it doesnt seem like were going to be getting any snow anytime soon and i worry about the ice and posible washouts on the trails.

Thanks again for the update !!

thanks extreme600 ....i was wondering about that.... current condition on enviroment canada saying that huntsville is getting rain right now and i hope not the case cuzz it doesnt seem like were going to be getting any snow anytime soon and i worry about the ice and posible washouts on the trails.

Thanks again for the update !!

I'm in huntsville, and can report that we had about 6" of new (wet) snow overnight, and have had some further wet flurries on and off all day. It's been mild (+2) again today, so some of the new snow has melted, but we have NOT had any rain. Remember, Environment Canada's Muskoka weather station is at Muskoka Airport, which is south of Bracebridge and almost 40 kms south of here...it may well be drizzling down there, but it certainly isn't here in Huntsville. Temps. are supposed to drop to -7C tonight...that should tighten things up.

Hope that helps.

I'm in huntsville, and can report that we had about 6" of new (wet) snow overnight, and have had some further wet flurries on and off all day. It's been mild (+2) again today, so some of the new snow has melted, but we have NOT had any rain. Remember, Environment Canada's Muskoka weather station is at Muskoka Airport, which is south of Bracebridge and almost 40 kms south of here...it may well be drizzling down there, but it certainly isn't here in Huntsville. Temps. are supposed to drop to -7C tonight...that should tighten things up.

Hope that helps.

Irreverent how are the roads in the area? Where some of the trails run on.

Irreverent how are the roads in the area? Where some of the trails run on.

Not sure, because I haven't stirred very far from home today...too busy blowing snow, loading sleds in trailer and preparing/packing for our Quebec trip tomorrow.

FWIW, it snowed on and off all afternoon, and the temp. has now gone below freezing, so everything is likely to be pretty "crusty"/icy by the morning, including back roads, I suspect.

Not sure, because I haven't stirred very far from home today...too busy blowing snow, loading sleds in trailer and preparing/packing for our Quebec trip tomorrow.

FWIW, it snowed on and off all afternoon, and the temp. has now gone below freezing, so everything is likely to be pretty "crusty"/icy by the morning, including back roads, I suspect.

Thanks. Have fun on your trip to Quebec!!! Keep the rubber side down and don't forget to post pics with report.

ADSC website as of today :D

March 1st 2013 7:26 am

-7.9c all adsc groomers running

Looks like a busy weekend coming up all trails groomed and in great shape. Top trails groomed nightly throughout the weekend so if they are rough it is due to large amounts of traffic. Have a great weekend and drive carefully, always expect someone to be on the wrong side of the trail!!!!!

awsome !!!! dont forget to leave a couple of OC stickers in cottage #126 lol.

Nelly

:o

How are the Kearney trails today Giddy ? might give them a try on tues or wed if there staying together

Me and a bud will be up there tomorrow until Wednesday

How are the Kearney trails today Giddy ? might give them a try on tues or wed if there staying together

Hey MM :D

They say they are in great shape - I personally have not been out as I am still suffering some whiplash and not riding this weekend :(. There is certainly plenty of snow here - road running will be the problem - but at least the ADSC club has most trails running beside the roads as much as possible. Lots of traffic out today - however, groomers out this weekend. :D

thanks Giddy , probably launch from the info centre on Tues , hope the wounds heal fast , is it from your north tour ? try some wine I hear it helps pain :Drinking2:

Hi All... I just found this site. I'm a brand new member and first year sledder.

Today I ran a big loop starting North on Trail 95 from Clear Lake. Most of the trails were in exceptional shape. Kudos to the groomers! But my last hour beat the crap outa' me.

I'd be interested in where I can get current grooming reports.

Here is what I encountered today...

95 - Excellent

D to Kearney - Excellent

97, AL 302, 305, 303 all Excellent

AL301 to Ice Caves - Excellent

D to D101B - Excellent

D101B to D102B - Excellent

D102B to 95 - Pretty Rough

95 to Clear Lake - OK

**EDIT** In respect to the "Almaguin" title of this topic, I should clarify that all the trails I rode in Almaguin were excellent and "ready for the weekend". The trails that were "not so recently groomed" were south of that club.

Thanks MM. Yes - that unexpected detour on my trip is still hurting :( Have tried the wine, and beer, and......LOL. Hopefully will be back on my sled by mid-week. We are staying in Kearney this week - hopefully get some riding in before it's all done! Maybe we will see you on the trails Tuesday ;)

bruce

welcome to forum & sledding ...great trail report...pics would be a nice touch

Hi All... I just found this site. I'm a brand new member and first year sledder.

Today I ran a big loop starting North on Trail 95 from Clear Lake. Most of the trails were in exceptional shape. Kudos to the groomers! But my last hour beat the crap outa' me.

95 - Excellent

D to Kearney - Excellent

D to D101B - Excellent

95 to Clear Lake - OK

Are the D102B and 95 bad because they need grooming or are there other issues? On our way up tomorrow and those trails are on one of the routes I have planned. Might have to look at avoiding these trails.

95 - Excellent

D to Kearney - Excellent

D to D101B - Excellent

95 to Clear Lake - OK

Welcome to the forum Bruce :wavey: and thanks for the trail report! This is what this place is all about! Great folks here and lots of great information. You can also check out the Almaguin Highlands website for daily updates on grooming and trail conditions if you are planning on riding in this area at:

http://www.adsc-snow.org/

Happy trails :D

Oh..P.S. Pics are always appreciated! :icon_photo:

bruce

welcome to forum & sledding ...great trail report...pics would be a nice touch

HaHa. my only pics today were of the ice caves. Sadly, I had to come back down to the city this evening, so I won't be out tomorrow.

It looks like it will be another great day.

(I'm going for a hot bath)

We rode TOP D down from the D123 Jct (including the detour) to Sand Lake (Thur'), then south to the D101B on Fri'. Trails were in good shape.

Giddy Up, do you know if the TOP D detour east of Sundridge is permanent or just for this winter?

We rode TOP D down from the D123 Jct (including the detour) to Sand Lake (Thur'), then south to the D101B on Fri'. Trails were in good shape.

Giddy Up, do you know if the TOP D detour east of Sundridge is permanent or just for this winter?

Where is the detour? Is it in good shape?

Where is the detour? Is it in good shape?

Does the d tour take you out to the top a, without the 17km of road running that is in the trout creek area?

Archived