Almaguin Updates

Muskoka Man

We left the info center on hwy 11, went up D to 303 and by Edgewater ,groomed and flat,then back down to Kearney , groomed and flat, over to sprucedale to 103 on the Sequin groomed to perfection , very fast , then up D123 to Burks Falls , being groomed and also coming along , seen 5 groomers in 225 Ks , all the almaguin operaters were on the move for sure . one more little snow and these trails will be 100%

SAM_0515.JPG?w=AAA6vuoypbkm5qDGbcCicWSESN8BhRNOIsTc8QT-uLUsrg&dl=1SAM_0516.JPG?w=AABjJrjBV-A90zV4BF-9qxto6odKFgqK-0vvSFjiJUpdmw&dl=1SAM_0517.JPG?w=AAD9WNpvCKsRN-sYD8Od6J-vPkiaH88xHIN10ah7LScvOA&dl=1SAM_0520.JPG?w=AACRc_lXnAe5kV0rdvH7Ucyjasx7qFp-eg6Ua6XtUdpk8g&dl=1

If pictures appear as a red X use this link: https://www.dropbox....jjgt/1cLT-DTYJe

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks great,thanks for the update

Wow MM, those look beautiful. Now I won't be able to sleep tonight. The hubby and I are heading to Bonfield tomorrow a.m. and checking things out in those areas. Just might have to drop our sleds on our way back at the info centre and ride some of those trails also. Thanks buddy.

I see Port Sydney has some limited trails , My new house is about 2 mins from Smiths Gulf , drove by them today after they groomed ,they looked real nice , it has been snowing good here also , looks like another hookey day , nice to sled from my garage again

I see Port Sydney has some limited trails , My new house is about 2 mins from Smiths Gulf , drove by them today after they groomed ,they looked real nice , it has been snowing good here also , looks like another hookey day , nice to sled from my garage again

Geez the news just gets better as the day goes on. Hope this is the way it will be this season. We all need it to be a decent year. You are in a great spot MM. I'll try not to cry while I pass all this snow. I live in Niagara and we have a whopping 1/2" on the ground. Ours sleds don't even know what Niagara looks like. LOL :lmao: :lmao:

Have a good one in Bonfield , send some pics , Im hearing things are good there

Have a good one in Bonfield , send some pics , Im hearing things are good there

Oh I will !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great pics

Glad to see you had a great ride MM........thanks for the pics!

We left Huntsville Monday Morning and made our way to the "D" trail and went straight up to Sprucedale for lunch and then headed back home, trails were is pretty good shape, nice way to spend the day. Went out Sunday around Port Sydney and the trails were in excellent shape...

We left Huntsville Monday Morning and made our way to the "D" trail and went straight up to Sprucedale for lunch and then headed back home, trails were is pretty good shape, nice way to spend the day. Went out Sunday around Port Sydney and the trails were in excellent shape...

Im hoping that the D trail will be "officially open by the weekend"

We rode port Sydney today and things are in great shape there. Will.put up a couple pics later to cold here on the trail to.type

Anybody have an update on the gravenhurst area.

These are the reports that we all want to read and hear. Looking forward to the weekend in Sundridge!

These are the reports that we all want to read and hear. Looking forward to the weekend in Sundridge!

Same here! Have my room booked at the Algonquin motel, all ready to head up Friday night!!

-30 tonight in muskoka , all the Almaguin trails will be in great shape on the weekend , the Port Sydney gang has there area in great shape also , should be lots of traffic in these areas this weekend

Where is a good spot to dump in port Sydney.

Where is a good spot to dump in port Sydney.

ultramar on hwy 11...can't miss it...great riding from there

Drop at the Groomer building on Beaver Meadow Rd on east side of town ,its about 3 ks south off Muskoka rd 10 , this will elimanate the road scratch in town as Mary lake is not staked yet , its -33 this morn , the lake could be staked by weekend , if it is you can just drop at Smiths on hwy 11 , we are riding that way on Fri morn

rode up from seguin, started off at the Welcome centre, trails were great , left about 11 in the morning, not much traffic. Once I got to Sprucedale it was a little busier but trails were holding up. The closer I got to Hwy 11 the more rocks I experienced. I decided to take the D123 into Burks Falls. The further I went the worse it got but at least passable, Limited but passable. Then once outside of Burks Falls is when it all fell apart. The amount of large rocks on the trails. I have ridden the Amaguin trails for many years and they have always done a great job. This is not the fault of the club as there is no base, but it was becoming extremely dangerous.There are some points where you could not go around the rock as there was so many of them. These are not the type of rocks you find on the rail bed, but much bigger. Someone will get hurt, especially at night as you most likely will not be able to see them.If you go please be very careful and remember this is very limited. I made my way through to the edgewater to pick up gas and made my way through Kearney back to the rail line. Once again poor conditions due to the rocks. Once you get past the HWY 11 underpass things pick up and the rail line was in very good shape considering the amount of traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

ADSC trail progress Up-Date

Trails are classed as limited available

February 5th 2013 7:21 am

-25c and clear, we are grooming in limited areas

We still have a very limited amount of snow on the ground with only a few area that we can run the groomers, trails hard, icy with lots of rocks and rough areas. Avoid swamps and low areas as water is still receding. Trails are shown as limited availability for all of the above reasons so drive carfully!

• 3 weeks later...

how are the trails now in that area ?????? bringing the wifey up this weekend and down here in southern ontario it is mush !!!!!

any info would be great !

Thanks

Archived