North Bay SC Trail Status Updates

bbakernbay

BBaker,

Can you tell me the status of the TCPL work on A? A group of us are planning to go through there on Feb 8 back to Bonfield.

Also, how is A102Q coming along ? We are planning to go to Quebec on Feb 4th.

Thanks

BP

We checked NB308 today and the Forest Access Road has not yet been plowed by the logging company.

A112A (old NB301) has about 5 km of plowed & sanded trail from NB302 (Turtle Lake) westerly to Sale Road. We signed it today.

NB302 Closed due to logging.

Hey Brian, hate to be a pain and thanks for all your hard work, we are headed your way on Thursday, any chance we can get to Lakeshore Drive? We are coming from Sundridge and have a hotel booked, planning on running to Petawawa and back Friday & Saturday. I see the OFSC has it listed as unavailable, hoping that changes soon.

Again thanks for the help, you guys always do a great job and all of us in the south appreciate the effort.

Yes you can.

One guy said the TOP D between Lakeshore Drive & Trout Lake was really hard, better than usual.

Lakes are great.

we will open Wed or Thursday.

Redbridge Groomer out tonight.

A112A to Mattawa is great from Conewango to Mattawa.

Not primo riding yet but still okay. Great on TOP A east of Mattawa to deux Rivieres,

Which trail is the dinner bell on? Looking to ride up from pembroke on Monday.

BF201.

You have to cross highway 17 and go a km or so until you hit the intersection at the pipeline. North Bay is to the left but you go right, continue straight past the BF202 intersection and continue for about 5-7 kms on the pipeline then right through the bush trail, past Cedar Gables on your left, through the Quonset Hut yard, cross highway 17 and turn right and the Dinner Bell is right there.

Meals & prices are great. Date Squares heated is my recommendation if you can fit it in.

Avoid noon hour if you can, it is fairly small.

Let me know if you were looked after there.

BF201.

You have to cross highway 17 and go a km or so until you hit the intersection at the pipeline. North Bay is to the left but you go right, continue

straight past the BF202 intersection and

continue for about 5-7 kms on the pipeline then

right through the bush trail, past Cedar Gables

on your left, through the Quonset Hut yard,

cross highway 17 and turn right and the Dinner

Bell is right there.

Meals & prices are great. Date Squares heated is my recommendation if you can fit it in.

Avoid noon hour if you can, it is fairly small.

Let me know if you were looked after there.

Good to know.

NBSC Trail status - January 22, 2013

TOP A1 Available

TOP A2 Limited

TOP AD Available

A102Q Available TOP AD to NB308

A102Q Unavailable NB308 to Ottawa River

A112A Limited TOP A2 to Songis Road

A112A Available Songis Road to Mica Mine (MASC)

NB300 Available

NB302 Unavailable Logging

NB304 Available

NB308 Limited

Note: NB303 and NB305 are permanently Closed.

NBSC Trail status - January 22, 2013

TOP A1 Available

TOP A2 Limited

TOP AD Available

A102Q Available TOP AD to NB308

A102Q Unavailable NB308 to Ottawa River

A112A Limited TOP A2 to Songis Road

A112A Available Songis Road to Mica Mine (MASC)

NB300 Available

NB302 Unavailable Logging

NB304 Available

NB308 Limited

Note: NB303 and NB305 are permanently Closed.

Wonderful News ! What is the prediction on the date that A102Q will reopen between NB308 and the Ottawa River. It's seems to me that it has often been the 2nd or 3rd week of February. Is there an anticipated date for this year's opening ?

Thanks BBNB !

We need to see what the impact of the logging operations are.

They are apparently plowing and sanding 9 or 10 kms of A102Q

We are not likely sending our Groomer there to only be able to groom 5 kms into the river crossing with no bridge.

We haven't packed the trail east of the river so Quebec Club can come and groom.

I'm sure it's getting lots of sled traffic but we've got other priorities right now.

Is the parking near the A102Q still there for this year?

Yes, plowed regularly.

We were thinking of having a BBQ & Coffee, fire there on Family Day Weekend - haven't firmed it up yet.

Please report on what you find on the trails wherever you go.

Still need more snow but none in forecast.

BB - NBSC

Myrt's Grill just down the street from Mr. Gas. Valois Restaurant is good food as well.

NB308 hasn't been groomed yet west of Highway 63 (Fish Hatchery) but should be okay, saw lots of tracks there yesterday

A112A to Mattawa is supposed to be in nice shape.

we like the Valois also ,make sure your hungry ,big portions there

Myrt's Grill just down the street from Mr. Gas. Valois Restaurant is good food as well.

NB308 hasn't been groomed yet west of Highway 63 (Fish Hatchery) but should be okay, saw lots of tracks there yesterday

A112A to Mattawa is supposed to be in nice shape.

Great to hear. We will be staying at the Valois motel in Mattawa Friday/Saturday. Heading to Pembroke from Mattawa...does anyone know how the trails are holding up that way??

Great to hear. We will be staying at the Valois motel in Mattawa Friday/Saturday. Heading to Pembroke from Mattawa...does anyone know how the trails are holding up that way??

That's probably the best area to head, east, lots more snow there.

My friend was down there Saturday leaving from Mattawa Golf & Ski and said it was great, double wide, topped out at 160 kmh

try the A112A up to Camp Conewango also reported as good conditions.

Mattawa SC has been going great for almost a month.

Bb - NBSC

Archived