Sault Ste. Marie

Dan-Senior

Winter has returned to Sault Ste. Marie. Fresh snow fell overnight and into the morning. Hopefully it spreads across North-Eastern Ontario. (photo attached)

post-22452-0-37194700-1358171091_thumb.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Dan! really appreaciate you taking the time to keep us updated. Ski

SSM is the closest starting point for many in Michigan and I love to start 6 hours from home rather than 9 hours from home. We try to ride north & east rather than drive it.

Info on the Soo area is great to get. Thanks so much for keeping it out here. The info on the Aubrey Falls area and the D106 connection, and other connections not on the interactive map is what we get from you which is great!

Thanks for taking the time.

Scott

Also a big thanks from the Toronto area. Great to know what's going on out there when planning trips.

Sault Ste. Marie Report:

Approximately 10 cm in total in the past 24 hours. Nothing to get too excited about as trails are still closed. Snow is likely Lake Effect and may not go very far inland.

Have emailed my Wawa, Chapleau, Aubrey Falls and Elliot Lake contacts earlier this morning to gather feedback and report back here.

Domtar area is rideable. Logging roads are ok north of Searchmont.

Dan

Thanks for the report. Please keep them coming! :right_on:

Snow Report - Friday Jan. 18th

Sault Ste. Marie

Approximatley 10-12cm fell in the city overnight. Not sure of rural district report at this time

** UPDATE **

Was out-and-about with the measureing tape: 14cm of new snow overnight. Bellevue Valley and Heyden are reporting similar amounts.

.post-22452-0-75591900-1358508386_thumb.jpg

Shore looks purdy! :lol:

THANK YOU DAN! YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH THIS IS APPRECIATED.

Ski

All looking very promising for you Ski! Will keep you posted. Heading to Aubrey Falls tomorrow and will report back our findings.

be safe, stay warm, wish i was going with you. Ski

Thanks for the info Dan,

I plan to be riding around the Soo starting Thursday evening next week.

I will run to Black Creek Outfitters and then to Elliot Lake one day. (I hope to see some more new snow by then?)

The trail is now limited from Aubrey Falls to Elliot Lake. Hoping the D106 is opened too. Is the gate on the Garden River Bridge open before the trails open?

Maybe we will run into you somewhere?

Scott

Groomed from Elliot to Aubrey on Thursday stayed overnite at Black Creek and came back to Elliot today. Trail should be listed as open.

Groomed from Elliot to Aubrey on Thursday stayed overnite at Black Creek and came back to Elliot today. Trail should be listed as open.

Thanks for that info. It is listed as "Limited" not "Open". That upper section is flat and does not need as much snow.

Thanks for getting that groomed!

Scott

That's fantastic ElliotGroomer. Thanks for the important update. Had a feeling that if there was snow, you guys would be right on top of it. Wonderfult and thanks for your dedication.

There's a group from the Sault heading to Elliot Lake next weekend via Aubrey Falls. We are riding Elliot Lake to Aubrey Falls on Feb. 2nd.

Today, we will be in Aubrey Fallls.

On another note, The Sault received approximately 4" of snow last night, Lots of snow now Scott and Ski.

Great to hear Dan.

Thanks

Thanks for the update and, more importantly, for the grooming.

Elliot Lake is a great place to start from.

Thanks for the info Dan,

I plan to be riding around the Soo starting Thursday evening next week.

I will run to Black Creek Outfitters and then to Elliot Lake one day. (I hope to see some more new snow by then?)

The trail is now limited from Aubrey Falls to Elliot Lake. Hoping the D106 is opened too. Is the gate on the Garden River Bridge open before the trails open?

Maybe we will run into you somewhere?

Scott

Sounds like a nice run..Have fun and stay safe.

Thanks IQ,

The trail is all green now to Black Creek Outfitters from Elliot Lake. Hope to see the D106 open, but if the Garden River Bridge Gate is open, we will try it anyway.

Sounds like conditions keep getting better.

• 2 weeks later...

Wednesday Jan. 30th - 12:55 PM Weather Update:

It's snowing heavy in the Sault and started approximately 11 AM, so this storm is now in full-swing and making its way across N/E Ontario.

Archived