IS THE SNOW GONE?

z1turbo

In Holland Landing area i can see the grass now, by tomorrow it will all be gone. Looks like i will be trailering for at least the next 3 weeks. How is your area doing with this meltdown?

just north of barrie we have 6'' left...but you sink to bottom & its not over yet..

It was just over freezing overnight. Calling for +7 with winds from the South @ 30-60 km/h. I don't want to see how it'll be by day's end. The runoff from the eavestrough is making a swamp in the driveway, gotta pull out the quad later to bulldoze some of it away.

post-19836-0-25025000-1358028990_thumb.jpg

Pretty well all gone on the Bruce Peninsula, put 250 km on my motorcycle today.. :HitFan:

trails hear are almost all dirit,

Pretty well all gone on the Bruce Peninsula, put 250 km on my motorcycle today.. :HitFan:

X2 on that

I see my Grizz coming back out of retirement

X2 on that

I see my Grizz coming back out of retirement

Grizzlys hibernate they don't retire :D :D

Here's a post from the Almaguin District SC about the trails in/around Kearney - Burk's Falls area from earlier today - colder starting Monday and more snow in the forecast for next week - hope they are right!

Its pretty soggy out, trails still holding up but wet, Swamps and such will fill up with water from the rain in the next few days. It will likely take most of next week to get things shaped up as after tomorrow it is going to turn colder. We have left the trails limited available for now as they are still usable. Will let you know tomorrow how things are going, just good old January thaw!! Section of adsc 303 will remain closed for another few weeks to complete logginHope

pvsledhead, how do you like the V-Strom. I hope to purchase either a V-strom or a KLR 650 this summer...can't believe I am talking about bikes on this site in January. Hope the snow comes back soon. I will keep ringing the snow bell... bong, bong, bong...

pvsledhead, how do you like the V-Strom. I hope to purchase either a V-strom or a KLR 650 this summer...can't believe I am talking about bikes on this site in January. Hope the snow comes back soon. I will keep ringing the snow bell... bong, bong, bong...

Love the Vstrom, its the second one I have had.Had a 1000 as well, but went back to the 650.My favorite bike yet.I had a KLR when I first got back into motorcycling in 2001 as well.For my riding I prefer the Strom, but lots of people love their KLRs too!

Melted quite a bit here in District 14 but we still have lots of snow. I'll go for a little ride tomorrow and check conditions. I heard sleds on and off all day today as I was outside changing an A arm on the Phazer and then cleaning up snow around the trailers before they get frozen in. I had the ATV out to move the trailers and it might sound sacrilegious on this site but I'm looking forward to spring! I hope it snows soon so I can get that awefull feeling out of my head.

Haliburton -D 6 ...Decimated. Water on top of water. Soggy mess.

Still snow on the ground here, but they say we could get 25+mm of rain today, last night only went down to +5c, going to be a mess by Monday :(

Forecast is for snow starting Wed night Thur & Fri with -21 temp for next weekend. Sounds like prime lake effect snow machine conditions.

district 5 and 9 are done, tonnes of rain and its like May out there, gotta start all over

Sault Ste. Marie: I visited the Connor Road trail this morning with camera. Approximately 6" of hard-packed left on the ground. The warm-spell has passed and colder temperatures set in last night.

post-22452-0-00038100-1358092127_thumb.jpg

Good stuff!

Forecast is for snow starting Wed night Thur & Fri with -21 temp for next weekend. Sounds like prime lake effect snow machine conditions.

I pray that you're right. If so my trailer is ready to roll with some buds.

I pray that you're right. If so my trailer is ready to roll with some buds.

when you say ''roll with some buds'' is that mary & jane

when you say ''roll with some buds'' is that mary & jane

It helps him relax! LOL!

Plus a stop at White Castle along the way!

Love the Vstrom, its the second one I have had.Had a 1000 as well, but went back to the 650.My favorite bike yet.I had a KLR when I first got back into motorcycling in 2001 as well.For my riding I prefer the Strom, but lots of people love their KLRs too!

Ya, tuff decision. I do plan to do more dirt road than paved road. Probably will be the KLR though having both bikes would be great $$$! Thanks for the bike info.

Lets hope we are sledding somewhere this up-coming weekend.

I had a KLR as well, just sold it. I'm looking at a Strom for this summer. I found the KLR quite capable but want the smoother ride of the strom.

Archived