THE "R" WORD

polarisracing1

Well ,not that we had a lot of snow locally to speak of ....however they weather savants are calling for fri-sat-sunday +8 degrees and rain....there goes our local blow..............has anyone found out how north bay to south will fare......this sucks...it was just starting to build :Drinking2:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

our forcast sure doesn't look good but they have been wrong in the past.

Lets wait and see, if the rain is minimal and everyone stays off the trails we might weather the storm pretty good

Im hoping to get out down here in 2 weeks........we will see

For those of you depressed today, have a look at this website. This fella has been forecasting the cold outbreak around mid January for a couple weeks now...

Theweathercentre.blogspot.ca

Keep in mind, we have had a real absence of arctic air in the SW this year. True arctic air, in the neighbourhood of twenty below WILL drop a ton of snow. It all depends on which way the wind blows!

well history shows that the rain they call and temps with It are usually cock on.... but when they predict snow amounts never right...3 days of plus 7 coming with 11 mm of rain=snow eraser.............not liking that result..........what happened to the good ole days?...................come on we need a 2008 winter....storm every 2 weeks...i sledded from november into april....had so much snow in driveway i couldnt see neighbors car....it was a fluckin awesome year...had a massive sno boner entire season...........and with every year from that one its been a moist limp noodle.........I NEED SOME REAL SNOW!!!!! :Drinking2:

calling for rain and 57 degrees here in mid michigan (+14c for you guys) mid central ontario will get wiped out like us. it's over all ready. :( Ski

could be ....with the way winters are goin down the tubes...it honestly wouldn,t suprise me...in winter 2011 trails here were gone feb 14th....early spring.....who the funk knows anymore...im depressed...fluk it!!! :-(

How about this for crappy temps .... I'm in Hearst, and it's almost melting .... Just hanging around zero today. Not anxious to see the mid-week :(

so far this winters a close 2nd to last?

Yeah blows big time. Two years here now, since the trails were last opened and counting.

i guess you didnt pay attention to denis' post. he is in Hearst and they are getting the warm up. this is going to HURT BAD. Ski

trailering,yes seems to be the only option...for me its a royal pain in the ass,and adds a ton of cost to an already expensive sport......finding the time,the cash...hotels...gas in the pick-up ...food....man just want some local snow...if the trails in my back yard would open up even for 2 weeks....then close for the rest of the year...........even then id be satisfied....i love sleddin as much as the next guy.....but im findin more grief than fun?.....sorry just needin to vent....im tired of this crap weather!!!!!

forevery one up there,my fingers are crossed,im hoping somehow,it all turns to snow?

anyone want to buy two permits? 175.00 each, have them and the paperwork, didnt even open the envelope from the club. Ski

20+cm in the forecast here this week

downside next week will have highs of -25c :(

so far this winters a close 2nd to last?

Quit whining and trailer somewhere! :lol: I have never ridden at home this early. This winter is shaping up to be awesome! Think positive!!!

wow Freezy, you do have some cold temps commin. maybe they'll come further east too. ski

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Winnipeg+CAXX0547:1:CA

We have a bit of a warmup this week with minimal rain and colder temps then Ontario plus it's been snowing everyday here. I need to get in one more run to break last years low of 500 kms. Still looks like 1000 might be outta reach..we'll see.

Well the wind has turned cool, it's snowing and blowing, sure is purdy !!! We've got so much permafrost right now that it'll not likely melt anyway. The top layer is sure to crust up, but it'd have to rain something serious to lose any significant snow base.

Archived