B Trail and Hwy 60

Muskoka Man

Looking for some info on launch spots for where B trail meets Hwy 60 just after getting out of the park

thinking of coming through the park from huntsville , need space for 2 trucks and trailers

Looking for some info on launch spots for where B trail meets Hwy 60 just after getting out of the park

thinking of coming through the park from huntsville , need space for 2 trucks and trailers

What about the restaurant/gas station in Whitney, right on Hwy. 60?...located where B Trail crosses the highway bridge to get to the old Madawaska rail-line on the north side. (Sorry, MM, can't remember the name of the restaurant.) They get tons of sledders through there, so they may even let you park around on the east side of the building if they have room...or perhaps you could park along the adjacent side street (where B Trail comes into town from the south.) Worth a call I think. Good luck....and let us know what you come up with.

I see the OFSC map says there is a staging spot right there , wanting to find out if its still good and up to date

Try the mad musher restaurant in whitney. Its on 60 at B trail crossing. If you cant park there I think there is parking directly accross the road at public park by the dam. I am sure they would be helpful. 613 637 2820 or 1 866 551 5534.

Try the mad musher restaurant in whitney. Its on 60 at B trail crossing. If you cant park there I think there is parking directly accross the road at public park by the dam. I am sure they would be helpful. 613 637 2820 or 1 866 551 5534.

We parked in Bancroft and rode to Whitney and BB on saturday. Lots of parking at the Mad Musher, and right across the street also. Lots of guys from the West side of the park there, parking and riding..

We parked at Mad Musher , did Whitney to Barrys Bay then to Lake St Peter then back to whitney , 200 ks , almost all was fresh groomed , seems to be the most snow around Barrys Bay , put up a couple pics later

here is a couple

SAM_0495.JPG?w=5b83bbe7&dl=1

SAM_0496.JPG?w=a80f3beb&dl=1

SAM_0497.JPG?w=2ae56082&dl=1

If un-viewable use this link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tkmixamjdmatflc/XvPZAxHVII

those trails look sweet...thx mm

Glad to hear it worked out for you MM. Did you loop down thru combermere or take 175 south of madawaska? We have a place in that area and planned to be there this wkend. Not sure now with forecast. Hope the weather guessers are wrong again.

we did combermore ,lots of snow over there for sure , twn says that are may get more snow than rain this weekend , the trail coming out of barrys bay was steller

The trail from BB to Combermere over to LK st Peter is a beauty. That area is always right on the edge of rain/snow. I like twn forecast but they always seem to over estimate snow amounts. We will see as I still intend to be there this wkend. Thanks for the report.

The trail from BB to Combermere over to LK st Peter is a beauty. That area is always right on the edge of rain/snow. I like twn forecast but they always seem to over estimate snow amounts. We will see as I still intend to be there

this wkend. Thanks for the report.

Trails will likely be closed on Friday until warn up Is over. I expect to see Alot of red on the map by Thursday evening.

:Drinking2: :Drinking2: :Drinking2: :Drinking2: this weekend

I expect that's what we will be doing MM. Lots of chores to do at the camp anyway. Too bad as it is perfect in that area now. As good as it ever gets this early. A little rain and warm will help to set up and preserve the base. Forecast calls for more than a little. Time will tell.

Trails will likely be closed on Friday until warn up Is over. I expect to see Alot of red on the map by Thursday evening.

Still look green to me.

I hope they hold. My wife and I are keeping our eye on the Barry's Bay area and will be making reservations early next week for the following Sunday (20th) through Thursday (24th). Fresh rebuild on both sleds. Looking forward to a good run.

Archived