Kearney update

Muskoka Man

here is a couple of pics of Kearneys limited Trails , we got in 125 ks of mixed trails , they got better as we went north on D , one more snowfall and things should open up.

SAM_0490.JPG?w=95ebe007&dl=1

SAM_0489.JPG?w=650dd7a4&dl=1

SAM_0488.JPG?w=ae143f74&dl=1

SAM_0479.JPG?w=b3d5cf13&dl=1

If the red X appears click this link to view pictures, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gczj4rsxf3k3o9p/MrfviQ7wZx

If the red X appears click this link to view pictures, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gczj4rsxf3k3o9p/MrfviQ7wZx

If the red X appears click this link to view pictures, https://www.dropbox....3o9p/MrfviQ7wZx

Wow, MM...those conditions look way better than I was expecting. Thanks for sharing those.

How much sled traffic did you see?

lots of sleds , parked at the info centre and went up d to d123 and back , rough in the town of Kearney , the club has done wonders with the snow they have

Almaguin always does a great job even with limited snow

can hardly wait to get up there!!

:drool-1: Thanks for the pics MM - I am currently at home in Barrie - can't wait to get back up there!

if you get back UTS go north of Kearney , big difference in snow there

if you get back UTS go north of Kearney , big difference in snow there

Why is top d closed north of Kearny then??

Not sure on that Viper, I went to D and D123 and turned around ,but the Dsection above looked groomed

Why is top d closed north of Kearny then??

Looks like all almaguin trails are shown as limited except for the 303, which on the almaguin website, www.adsc-snow.org, says will be closed for a few weeks because of logging operations but all other trails should be limited.

• 4 weeks later...

alot of water issues on the seguin outside of kearney

we tried to see how far we could get out of town and were turned back my the river flowing over top the trail

came home early

Wow nasty looking. Sad for early feb.

Wow nasty looking. Sad for early feb.

i had never seen so much water, if you zoom in on the pic you can see the river flowing over top,

if i had a canoe i could of went further lol

next weekend is the poker run and they are only calling for up to 10 cms of snow........

not looking good

i had never seen so much water, if you zoom in on the pic you can see the river flowing over top,

next weekend is the poker run and they are only calling for up to 10 cms of snow........

not looking good

Think it’s a downstream ice jam or a lot of rain that caused the river to overflow?

Whatever it is that sucks.

next weekend is the poker run and they are only

calling for up to 10 cms of snow........

not looking good

Stay away from pettawa. You put the curse on Kearny. Last year they had 8 good weeks and now this crap. Doh. I have a curse on hailburton and here in d5. Has barely snowed since I upgraded too. Maybe next year will be stellar.

I hope we get snow for next weekend, I hate to see the poker run, antique show and Dog sled races ruined.

Crazy thing is KW is getting hit with winter finally and I left the sleds at the cottage!

I hope we get snow for next weekend, I hate to see the poker run, antique show and Dog sled races ruined.

Crazy thing is KW is getting hit with winter finally and I left the sleds at the cottage!

Great work. Might be able to ride here back weeks end, if it doesn't warm up.

Kearney forcast

Wed Feb 6th, High -14 C - Low -20 C, POP = 0cm

Thurs Feb 7th, High -9 C - Low -20 C, POP = 5-10cm

Fri Feb 8th, High -10 C - Low -17 C, POP = 1cm

Sat Feb 9th, High -7 C - Low -19 C, POP = 2-4cm

Sun Feb 10th, High -1 C - Low -10 C, POP = 5cm

weather is looking good

Weathernetwork still calling for 10 cm thursday and another 10 on monday in Kearney!

weather is looking good

Weathernetwork still calling for 10 cm thursday and another 10 on monday in Kearney!

You trust that?

Archived