Snowcrest Trails 2012 2013

2bsledding

Snowcrest has groomed and now has as "Limited Availability", C101D from Muskoka Wharf to "D" trail North to Kilty Switch. Packing and grooming on other sections is ongoing. Some of the swamps are not being nice.

Volunteers are busy trying to open trails. Please stay off untill they are limited or Open.

Trail 4- Today, shaping up well

37F349D9-20D7-4C02-B20A-073B1A73F76D-13102-000006D0C3370172.jpg

C200FB2E-1D94-417D-B7D8-625203FA66E9-13102-000006D0B649FFF9.jpg

Looking good Blake, lets hope we don't get the mild temps or the rain this week.

Let me know if you guys need help with anything.

Thanks

Good work! Thanks to all who helped!

That's some sluggin on the trail. Great pics. Always wonder .. When a tree falls why does it always fall across a trail when it could go in any other direction? Ugh!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone

Would anyone have update the ice condition on Kahshe lake ( From Deanne's marine to Grant Bay)

May be planing to go to cottage Monday Tuesday next week

thank a million

Hello everyone

Would anyone have update the ice condition on Kahshe lake ( From Deanne's marine to Grant Bay)

May be planing to go to cottage Monday Tuesday next week

thank a million

Snowcrest Riders is planning to stake the lake this Saturday.

can you deliver the firewood to Port Severn for me. I'll give you the address. Spitting it would be nice too. :) Looks great guys. Too bad there are so many that don't understand the work that goes into the trails.

can you deliver the firewood to Port Severn for me. I'll give you the address. Spitting it would be nice too. :) Looks great guys. Too bad there are so many that don't understand the work that goes into the trails.

What length of cut would you like? Wait a minute - - - - - that would be considered logging which we don't have a permit for. Oh well - - - the thought was there. lol.

Hello Everyone

I made it to “Kahshe Lake” on Monday & Tuesday this week the condition were awesome.

Fresh snow from Sunday night. Despite the forecast no rain or freezing rain as of 4.30 on Tuesday when I left.

I went snowshoeing on trail #4 for a while. It looked pretty good. I know that sound weird and almost surreal since there is not an inch of the white stuff here in Barry

The lake is stake, just a very little slush in Grant Bay. As usual open water in the narrow to”Small Grant Bay” 9 inch of ice (mostly black) off the dock.

See you on the trail soonpost-22111-0-08014600-1359674929_thumb.jpg

Hello Everyone

I made it to “Kahshe Lake” on Monday & Tuesday this week the condition were awesome.

Fresh snow from Sunday night. Despite the forecast no rain or freezing rain as of 4.30 on Tuesday when I left.

I went snowshoeing on trail #4 for a while. It looked pretty good. I know that sound weird and almost surreal since there is not an inch of the white stuff here in Barry

The lake is stake, just a very little slush in Grant Bay. As usual open water in the narrow to”Small Grant Bay” 9 inch of ice (mostly black) off the dock.

See you on the trail soonpost-22111-0-08014600-1359674929_thumb.jpg

Keep an eye on Snowcrest Riders Web site under "trails" tab. The guys have been out checking conditions and clearing trees after the wind storm. They are reporting back to start opening trails as "Limited Availability".

Good News!

• 2 weeks later...

Report just in from all 3 groomers - - - - Several Snowcrest trails are starting to go GREEN / Available now.

Awesome job Snowcrest riders. Those trails were fabulous on Thursday and Friday. Met a couple nice members also!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Report just in from all 3 groomers - - - - Several Snowcrest trails are starting to go GREEN / Available now.

We went yellow during the week due to all of the rain and soft conditions. All 3 groomers reported in last night that we can actually go GREEN again on most sections of our trails. The cold has helped. Road crossings etc would remain as yellow (need more snow). Interactive guide will likely show all trails yellow, as the Interactive guide was updated Thursday, and we likely won't be able to get it updated again until early next week.

Thank you, Bob. That is useful information.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, Bob. That is useful information.

Some Snowcrest trails went Limited today. C101D, 9, 10, & 12 to Walkers Pt Community Ctr expected to go Limited tomorrow morning. Still wating to hear about other trail conditions.

Archived