Trail update - Walker's point, Pine Lake, Ghurst bay etc.

rippintheyammi

Just wondering how the trails between Walker's Point and Gravenhurst are looking? Also wanted to know how ghurst bay is coming along, pine lake, deer lake and pigeon lake. Any reports would be helpful. Thanks!

Hello Rippin. I just returned to snowmobiling last season and have no comprehensive knowledge to answer your questions, but here is what I do know:

1. C101D. Yesterday morning I ran the Loon Lake Road to Osprey Drive and the end of Merganser Lane, and then followed several sled tracks across the first swamp to get an idea of how the trail condition looked. I did not break through the swamp ice, but as I entered the bush and ventured up the hill on the other side of the swamp, I quickly realized that the trail was in no condition to be used, and it was obvious why it is still closed. Too many rocks and very little snow. I turned around and had a lovely ride back out the lanes and roads on the way to Mike Lemay's shop on Musquash Road.

2. Lakes. I heard third-hand that a sledder found Pine Lake to have 4 inches of good ice over a week ago. I have no idea which part of the lake was checked, nor how accurate that information may be.

3. Gull Lake in Gravenhurst has had a few sleds running along the south shore from Gull Lake Park towards the Highway 11 overpass for more than a week now. I have made this observation from dry land, I might add. I have no idea how much ice exists, nor the speed traveled or weightiness of the sleds and drivers. For all I know, one 140 youngster on a light and speedy sled may have made most of the tracks....

I hope you're not stranded on Walker's Point much longer!

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on how Gravenhurst bay, pine lake, pigeon lake and deer lake are doing? If we don't have any trails, at least we can rip the lakes! Thanks

Any word on how Gravenhurst bay, pine lake, pigeon lake and deer lake are doing? If we don't have any trails, at least we can rip the lakes! Thanks

Those lakes will be screwed now. I would stay off until at least it gets colder. Why take a chance to get a ride in.

Is there anyone from the area that can chime in? It has been cold all week and if there was rain on top of the existing ice, I imagine it will lead to some good ice now.

(null)

we are working in walkers point area , Im sure all the back lakes are still toast , maybe after this weekend of cold they might come around , any place were water enters or exits are going to be iffy , i see Foleys have made a run out from there place :Drinking2:

Is there anyone from the area that can chime in? It has been cold all week and if there was rain on top of the existing ice, I imagine it will lead to some good ice now.

(null)

I was in the bush trails around the area on Sunday. Water was still flowing heavy. We really need the cold they are calling for. Then we need lots of snow. the lakes are not yet safe.

Sooooooooooooooooo rippintheyammi I would stay away from the Lakes this week in the area. Good posts guys. Thanks

Sooooooooooooooooo rippintheyammi I would stay away from the Lakes this week in the area. Good posts guys. Thanks

X2. Great info for sure.

Thanks Fella's! Guess I will be spending more time in the garage throwing back Cl's! Hoping we can get ripping the following weekend.

(null)

Archived