Weather update

SkiDooStu

Snowed here this AM then changed to light rain. Now back to snow.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowed all day here in Apsley. Temp made it to +1.

Snowing here ! Groomers ready to go. I have a cold too many naked snow dances.

now there is a vision that will require lots of alcohol to get rid of,,,,,

LOL

Definately TMI there.

The forty creek therapy! Works great!

On the positive side of things, we woke up to about 6" of heavy wet snow. Enough for a little ride with the kids around town!

The forty creek therapy! Works great!

On the positive side of things, we woke up to about 6" of heavy wet snow. Enough for a little ride with the kids around town!

I'm worried Mossy...you're into this 40 creek therapy for everything...stop reading Viperrules posts and you'll feel better soon! You have that new sled to look forward to!

However..I have been known to fall into the "creek" once in awhile too!

Cripes they can't predict a couple of days ahead & they love to trot out these models. Next week TWN shows 3 days of slightly + temps w/ below freezing lows overnight, w/ a day of snow. How many hours of the day is the temperature actually above freezing?

Sometimes I really wonder why some of these Debbie Downers become "weather readers". They sure don't enjoy winter & don't realize that lots of folks do.

check out these 2 long range forecast

they are from Brett and only 2 days apart, yet are dramatically different LOL

Jan 2nd---http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/anderson/long-range-forecast-model-update-trends-warmer/3507298

Jan 4th---http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/anderson/long-range-model-finally-catching-on-to-pattern-changes-1/3583265

Boy I knew I should have been a meteorologist!! :lol:

I follow Brett Anderson too..and this year he flip flops all over the place..really hard to follow! The weather Nitwits are bad enough one day predicting 10-15 cm's then changing it within a few hours to nothing??? How does that work? It's really frustrating to figure out. Seems there is an opportunity for some decent snow events upcoming ....

Surf the 'net long enough & you'll find a forecast that's positive.

Boy I knew I should have been a meteorologist!! :lol:

If a person working anywhere in the business world screwed up as much as them, they would've been unemployed years ago.

we got 10-15cm for friday coming

I hope we get 10cm but figure they will change it soon enough :(

Just checked the weather for Belleville and it is above zero for the next 6 days, with three days plus 7c. Yikes, so much for going there next week.

Just checked the euro model at 168 hrs. 850mb temperatures are at -12. That's Wednesday...You need at least a 13C differential in lake surface tempreature and 850mb temperature for "significant" lake effect snow. Right now, Lake Huron temperatures are nearly 7C!

What is better is that the same model has their 850mb winds pushing right towards cottage country starting at this 168 hour range. Then, they will shift to coming from a NW direction.

Pretty hard to forecast wind direction a week out, but with frigid 850mb temperatures incoming (-25C) at 216 hours for cottage country, things are looking up again.

Brett Anderson also reported today that the NAO (North Atlantic Oscillation), that is known for "blocking" cold air in the eastern part of the continent looks to be staying negative (good) for the rest of the winter.

In others news, I looked up several other depressing winters from the early 1900's and found several that were far worse... Life aint' all that bad!

Love your optimism! But somehow highly doubt it, can't predict that far in advance, but really hope your right!!!

Yup, I agree. But, the euro model is typically the more accurate of the two...

It's funny, I talked to a guy at work who told me he sold his two sleds last year. He says it was a liberating experience. He is no longer glued to the weather websites, and constantly re planning vacations due to the weather. I don't think I'll ever quit, but I can understand what he means!

Have to work for a flexible company otherwise it is a loosing battle. Nothing worse then taking a week off and then having to drink beer and wax sled all week. Been there done that before.

im so tired of shovelling, freezing my butt off, winds the last 2 days gusting to 70 kph the snow hurt my face trampsing around everywhere 3 deaths on the roads here called for 1 cm got 5cm but winds on the plains blew in big time, i ve had enough of winter its early january

gg

gf

gh

s

or in my case,,,,im lying like a rug, except for the people who lost thier lives

1 guy was helping un stuck a miny van and was hit by a B TRAIN which is a truck and 2 55` TRAILERS it is still being pulled out of the ditch almost 36 hrs later

ya 15cm forecast here tomorrow night/friday and -22 for a high Sat

The wind and the drifting is brutal, dozen of cars in the ditches this morning, one was ripped in 2

ya 15cm forecast here tomorrow night/friday and -22 for a high Sat

The wind and the drifting is brutal, dozen of cars in the ditches this morning, one was ripped in 2

Going to be beach weather for the next three days here. The water is a balmy 7c they are saying.

calling for 20 cms here today/tommarow and high winds

this will cripple the city

:icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow:

same here

Call in the Navy!!!! :lol:

same here

Call in the Navy!!!! :lol:

hey freezy hold on to your helment

were getting (we)nailed(em1) 6" today and another 12" overnite and high winds to 60 k drifts baby and the temp going to -25 for the week again

i saw force of nature on TWN and there was so in sourthern lebanon for christ sake come on southern ont.

im emailing a blizzard to you all

and a sno squall

and a flying triangle thingy just for good measure

enjoy

:icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow: :icon_snow:

I don't think we need the flying triangle.

I think they are freezing rain

Archived