Weather update

SkiDooStu

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of snow here too but seen no grooming activity as of yet.

Update:

Looks like a big rain storm on Wednesday, that will transform into a snow storm. I'm unsure how much of each, however the entire storm looks to be quite heavy.

Afterwards, looks like it gets colder again. Hopefully all of the talk about the fracturing of the polar vortex is true and we get some very very very cold air in the second half of the month.

I dont like being a pessimist, but a forecast like this one... .. Just when we get some snow and do some riding for a week... this happens! High

(°C) Low

(°C) Conditions Saturday

January 5 -2 -6 e.gif Variable cloudiness Sunday

January 6 2 -6 u.gif Scattered flurries Monday

January 7 -4 -12 a.gif Sunny Tuesday

January 8 2 -3 b.gif Cloudy periods Wednesday

January 9 2 -2 k.gif Mainly cloudy Thursday

January 10 3 -1 b.gif Cloudy periods Friday

January 11 3 -1 e.gif Variable cloudiness Saturday

January 12 -3 -4 j.gif Few flurries Sunday

January 13 -3 -5 j.gif Few flurries Monday

January 14 -3 -6 a.gif Sunny Tuesday

January 15 -2 -5 u.gif Scattered flurries Wednesday

January 16 -3 -5 u.gif Scattered flurries Thursday

January 17 -4 -7 j.gif Few flurries Friday

January 18 -4 -8 b.gif Cloudy periods

Makes me feel hopeless :banghead:

But what can you do right? take what you get I guess...Ok, I've got that off my chest, now I can hope for snow and COLD weather. :snow-141:

Have you been hanging out with Viperrules700? AKA Debbie downer! :nana:

Just ignore the 'experts' and think positive.

As the 'doo slogan was a few years ago.

Think Snow! Help stamp out summer!

Just ignore the 'experts' and think positive.

As the 'doo slogan was a few years ago.

Think Snow! Help stamp out summer!

Agreed!!! Can't rely on the so called experts.

But they keep sucking me in to checking the long range. Snow one day, none the next.

The weather liar on CHEX is an idiot! The other day he says the "models" show the end of winter around the end on Jan'. To hear him describe next week's weather it's going to hit 15*C

Cripes they can't predict a couple of days ahead & they love to trot out these models. Next week TWN shows 3 days of slightly + temps w/ below freezing lows overnight, w/ a day of snow. How many hours of the day is the temperature actually above freezing?

Sometimes I really wonder why some of these Debbie Downers become "weather readers". They sure don't enjoy winter & don't realize that lots of folks do.

I won't even bring up that maggot from Barrie....

calling for 3 days above 0 here with 2 days of mixed percipitaion just hoping fronts come through during the night so its more snow

forecast changed, even worse now... Tuesday- Saturday all above 2 degrees, and wednesday 5, and rain. Great start to the season, but will be starting from square one after this week. :(

forecast changed, even worse now... Tuesday- Saturday all above 2 degrees, and wednesday 5, and rain. Great start to the season, but will be starting from square one after this week. :(

Might still change for the better yet.

Hopefully, but there usually right about the warm spells with rain, and not even close when they forecast snow. :icon_cankick: By the looks of it, everywhere South of North Bay is supposed to get VERY warm weather. (Sorry for being such a pessimist) but its worse when you have snow, and then it suddenly disappears than not having snow to begin with.

The worse thing is though the GTA idgits are overjoyed when the weather turns warm in the winter. Or call it frigid when it gets to about -10*. We heard more whining about the snowfall T.O. got around 15 cms. That's nothing compared to what Ottawa & Montreal got.

I'd like to send some of these clowns to Winterpeg or Edmonton for a winter attitude adjustment.

It's the way the world is today....

Can't just give a realistic forcast, no that would be boring, have to add some doom and gloom to hype it up. Come one how, have to have TMZ weather forcast you know.

As for the GTA twits, they don't know that there is a world beyond. I saw a funny story few months ago that said 71% of the people who live in the GTA will never in thier life travel beyond its borders in a car.

As much as a fool Dave Phillips is, he said it already, weather forecasting much beyond 2 or 3 days in the winter is impossible, the models are just a guess, based on current patterned. A Colorado low can spin up in a matter of hours and make everything trash in front of your eyes.

It's the way the world is today....

Can't just give a realistic forcast, no that would be boring, have to add some doom and gloom to hype it up. Come one how, have to have TMZ weather forcast you know.

When we used to get the Rochester stations on the dish, 1 of the weather guys down there had an ad proclaiming his "no hype" forecasts.

As for the GTA twits, they don't know that there is a world beyond. I saw a funny story few months ago that said 71% of the people who live in the GTA will never in thier life travel beyond its borders in a car.

LOL I always say that to most Torontonians, civilisation ends @ Steeles Ave. Kind of like the maps of the US midwest during the 1800s. Anything west of the established states was marked "Indian Country".

As much as a fool Dave Phillips is, he said it already, weather forecasting much beyond 2 or 3 days in the winter is impossible, the models are just a guess, based on current patterned. A Colorado low can spin up in a matter of hours and make everything trash in front of your eyes.

Then why do the clowns on TV hold so much faith in them?

I remember in Oshawa that the overnight forecast for the GTA would be 10 to 15 cms. Get up in the morning no snow had fallen & none thru the day. Or they would say no precip overnight. You'd wake up & there was 3" on the truck & it was snowing like a ... Oshawa wasn't subject to lake effect or streamers from Georgian Bay, so I don't know where that snow came from.

The Bancroft forecast as of 12:13 PM

Today: Mainly sunny. Increasing cloudiness late this afternoon. High minus 5.

Tonight: Cloudy. Snow beginning late this evening. Amount 2 cm. Temperature steady near minus 4.

Sunday: Snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. High zero.

Monday: Sunny. Low minus 19. High minus 5.

Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 6. High zero.

Wednesday: Periods of snow. Low minus 7. High zero.

Thursday: Cloudy. Low minus 4. High zero.

Friday: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 2. High plus 1.

The temps are below freezing overnight & it's cloudy during the days, so really, how many hours of plus temps will we actually see? It's not like it's +5 from sun up to sun set.

Think snow!

I dunno what to think. No major snowfall for the next week anyways. Winds are mostly south east. Which brings lake effect and storm enhancement to eastern Ontario. Looking dry if these winds don't shift soon. We need north west to bring in snow off of Huron for traditional snow belt area's.

How to stay positive!

Kearny is looking good. Only going to hit one degree there with 25 more cm's in the forecast. They will be in mint shape after the milder weather this week. I am heading up on the 22nd if anyone wants to go. Will be staying at sliver sands and riding to northbay for a night and coming back. Looking awesome.

just got back from Kearney , as you go north up D it gets better , not bad for a limited trail , one more snow there and things will be good

I unfortunately see more rain in this coming weeks forcast.

lets hope it turns to snow

So, pretty much all of the meteos I follow, even the warmth lovers at accuweather, seem to be on board with this polar vortex collapse starting in the mid continent on the 13th, and further east a few days later... The forecasted warmth for cottage country seems to have moderated a bit so hopefully we won't lose as much snow. Avoiding a torrential downpour would be key to that...

Remember the January of 2007? Mild until mid January. Then there was a polar outbreak, similar to the one that is forecasted. That brought feet of lake effect snow to the snowbelts.

KW calling for -15 C tonight but slowly working its way up to +7 for saturday and forcasting light rain showers

I hope the muskoka area doesnt get the rain

we sure dont need the rain here either

Archived