The Official Annapolis Valley Nova Scotia Snowmobiling Thread

500ssman

IMG_20160213_112908_1_zps0mki8b64.jpg

The 1200 boat anchor stuck on the rocks.

IMG_20160213_140222_zps1zshbcet.jpg

Lakes are good to go!!

12017566_1200743726620179_18643521071346

Getting ready to lay the hammer down across Lake Torment.

Great pics!! How are liking your X?

Great pics!! How are liking your X?

So far so good. I have the preload set pretty much where I want it on both the RTS and FTS. As everyone who has one knows the machine is incredible thru the bumps. The top end on the 800 is ok. I feel the sled is missing something there. Guys are recommending going to a team tied secondary along with more weight in the primary so I might go that route. Only issue I have so far is this god awful noise when the sled is in reverse,appears to be coming from the primary which works fine going forward.

IMG_20160215_141509_zpssaj2dqor.jpg

God do I ever love riding this sled!!

• 1 year later...

Well Im back. Update overdue I guess. Last season was very trying as it saw me accumulate a grand total of 196kms. Since I've owned the sled (2016) It as a whooping 1500kms. With the end of last season I've decided to leave the sport as winters in the valley suck and its simple not worth owning a sled in these parts. I sold both the truck and trail and the sled is up for sale. If I get posted back to Ontario one of the first things I'll do is go in an buy a new sled. The winters here have really ruined it for me. 

IMG_20170217_125809 (2).jpg

IMG_20170217_145606.jpg

IMG_20170217_174743.jpg

P1040903.JPG

Sorry to hear that... I would have thought that there would be lots of snow there similar to Newfoundland. A friend of mine went back home to the rock when he retired and they get lots of snow. I recall him sending me a picture of his dad climbing out a bedroom window since they couldn't get out the front door for all the snow. But then I saw Halifax on the news yesterday and not a flake of snow to be seen.

The thing is we get  a pile of snow then after one good day on the trails it warms up and melts. There is alot of snow in the highlands but simply cant afford to go there anymore.

• 4 years later...

Well about 50 cms of snow is on the way. Haven't been on a sled in 5 yrs.. Haven't since this kinda weather in about 7 yrs. Hmmmm🤔

Edited by 500ssman
Correction
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, 500ssman said:

Well about 50 cms of snow is on the way. Haven't been on a sled in 5 yrs.. Haven't since this kinda weather in about 7 yrs. Hmmmm🤔

Good to see you back here!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 500ssman said:

Don’t know what used sleds are going for back home, but 

4 hours ago, 500ssman said:

Where are you in Nova Scotia?  Last year we had a good year in south central ontario but this year it sucks. Not much open below Sudbury at moment. Hopefully you get snow, looks like it will miss ontario. 2 to 4 cm for Kitchener it says. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nunz said:

Good to see you back here!!

Thanks, I always check in once in awhile.

• Like 3

On 1/15/2022 at 2:43 PM, 500ssman said:

Thanks, I always check in once in awhile.

I too have not really been on my sled since moving to NS back in Aug 2017.   Other than around the house and the odd forest access road near where I lived here for the first 4 years thats it.   I just replaced all the skid bearings in my sled and new driveshaft bearing. What for LOL. I dunno yet.   I have a couple work buddies that sled in the highlands and it looks awesome.  Perhaps one day I will get brave enough to try it myself.  

• 2 years later...

All kinds of snow in Cape Breton.. 

IMG-20240214-WA0001.jpg

• Like 6