Snow forecasted for xmas week

polarisracing1

still calling for 10-15 cm in KW tonight

wind has already picked up

Canada beat germany...........good start to my boxing day

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a copy of an email that i received regarding registering a sled in NY State.

To ride New York trails, you must register your sled in New York.

Registration is for one year, so you have to renew every year.

The cost is $100 if you do not join a New York Club; $45 if you do.

How do I register my snowmobile?

To register your snowmobile, bring the following items to a DMV office:

* A completed form MV-82SN (Snowmobile Registration Application).

* A completed form DTF-802 (Statement of Transaction for Sales Tax ) or proof of exemption or tax paid. The requirements and forms for snowmobiles are the same as those for motor vehicles. See the information about sales tax.

* Proof of ownership and bill of sale. Non-residents can use photocopies of proof of ownership and are not required to pay the NYS sales tax if the snowmobile is registered in another state.

* Proof of identity.

* Cash, check or credit card for the fee. Pay the registration fee of $45.

Mail to: NYSDMV Port Jefferson Office

3 Roads Plaza

1055 Route 112

Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776

The telephone number for NYS DMV is 1-518-473-5595.

The registration forms for NYS Department of Motor Vehicles are online at

http://www.dmv.ny.gov/forms/mv82sn.pdf

and the instructions are at www.dmv.ny.gov/forms/mv821sn.pdf

The list of office locations and hours are at

http://www.dmv.ny.gov

And they have a great FAQ at

http://www.dmv.ny.gov/recreation.htm

The laws pertaining to snowmobiles are listed at

http://nysnowmobiler.com/riding-information/snowmobile-laws

An overview map of our trails is available at

http://jimapco.com/maproom/snowmobile/nys/

A separate, additional trail permit is required for the Old Forge NY (Town of Webb) area.

The cost is $80 per season or $50 for a seasonal weekday permit.

The form is available online at

http://oldforgeny.com/snow/permits.html

and finally, there's a wealth of information, including a listing of snowmobile safety courses, on the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation website --

http://www.nysparks.com/recreation/snowmobiles/

Ride safely,

Anne O'Dell

NYSSA

Membership help: 888-624-3849 x 103

its finally snowing

i dunno,i just checked the amounts and an hour ago they were calling for 10-15 cm....just 1 hour later,they are saying from now til tommorow night 2-4 cm...like holy schiat man can they not predict anything anymore!!!!....HEY but on a optimistic view at least the cold is staying steady!

i dunno,i just checked the amounts and an hour ago they were calling for 10-15 cm....just 1 hour later,they are saying from now til tommorow night 2-4 cm...like holy schiat man can they not predict anything anymore!!!!....HEY but on a

optimistic view at least the cold is staying

steady!

Already 2" here. We are going to get at least 6 maybe 10" if it keeps up. Going out with the snow blower shortly, then maybe the sled.

got the snow blower ready for the morning, hope it gets a workout lol

Already 2" here. We are going to get at least 6 maybe 10" if it keeps up. Going out with the snow blower shortly, then maybe the sled.

Say it isn't so...the NEW sled....

Lol..

Have fun.

Hey fred anything in hali yet, what about the forest

guthrie area recieved about 8'' last nite & still snowing lightly...railbeds should open soon...

:drool2:

KW got 4"s

Well at 830 this morning and CFB Trenton is reporting 17cm on the ground and its still falling.

Drifting around quite nicely as well...

A89539FC-C99E-4C51-AA88-42F9AF58423E-1230-0000016501C4B53C.jpg

Hey fred anything in hali yet, what about the forest

Most of Haliburton has anywhere from 3-4"..that's it. every time a forecasted dumping was to arrive..it has evaded us. The forest is slightly better with some spots in the 10" range but trails are not that great yet. Once that 10" of snow get's packed and groomed...you get the picture..we need a lot more snow.

It's snowing now..the snow that Southern Ontario and the East saw last night had little impact here.

Wish I had a better report.

007.jpg

As of 09:15 December 27th - to the top of the "1" would be 12"

hey boyz...either way....more blow than last season :drool2:

For sure, never used the snowblower at all last year. Ran for over and hour this morning already.

News at 1pm on the radio says, CFB Trenton now reports a total of 27cms of snow since last night with higer amounts south in Prince Edward County.

Things are looking up I think.

News at 1pm on the radio says, CFB Trenton now reports a total of 27cms of snow since last night giving us a total of 36cm on the ground since last week. Things are looking up I think.

Looks like a colder winter for sure. As a result storms stay farther south, so the eastern part of the province gets more snow then the west for now. Niagara got close to a foot last night two. 4" on the flat here west of Kitchener. Head 35 mins north and only 2" lies on the ground. Good year to sled to turkey point.

CityPulse reported a snowmobile death in Niagara yesterday

24 yr old......no details

CityPulse reported a snowmobile death in Niagara yesterday

24 yr old......no details

Probabily fell into the niagara river. Has a sled over gone over the falls?? Makes me wonder.

found the story

Snowmobiler killed in collision

Ejected after striking van on Highway 24

Niagara’s first snow storm of the season has claimed a life.

Shortly after 9 p.m. on Boxing Day, a Dodge van collided with a snowmobile on Regional Road 24 near Tice Road in West Lincoln. Niagara police and paramedics along with firefighters from Pelham responded to reports of a collision in that area around 9:05 p.m. on Dec. 26.

Initial investigation revealed a 24-year-old West Lincoln man was operating a snowmobile southbound on Regional Road 24. At the same time, a 67-year-old West Lincoln man was travelling northbound on that road. The van and snowmobile collided and the rider was ejected.

Motorists came to the aid of the snowmobile rider and CPR was administered at the scene, but the young man succumbed to his injuries on scene.

The driver of the van was uninjured in the collision.

Police have not released names at this time.

The collision remains under investigation by detectives in the Niagara Regional Police collision reconstruction unit. Any witnesses are asked to call investigators at 905-688-4111 ext. 5500.

krazy...no doubt some poor schmuck like myself all horned up for riding,couldnt believe there was snow,and just over amped....tradgic......the 1st and last rides,are always the most dangerous

Heading out along the canal tonight. Budds were out today and said they were busting up to 16"! Buffalo got hit good, probably 16" ! Went x-country skiing in Evl today.....good there too, maybe a foot, all trails open.

Heading out along the canal tonight. Budds were out today and said they were busting up to 16"! Buffalo got hit good, probably 16" ! Went x-country skiing in Evl today.....good there too, maybe a foot, all trails open.

Wish Niigata still had a trail system. Would be neat going through wine country

Archived