Season 12 13 Trail Conditions Updates

met the deep river groomer on the A sat around 5 as it headed towards missing link. A was all perfect from deep until mattawa bountry.. mattawa groomer is down and their section of the A was beat on Sat pm.. and sounds like it will be for at least a few days. snow levels are great. hope to be up for a last run mid-march

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got about 7 inches of fresh snow today, we were out playing in it this afternoon, sure was FUN!

post-21258-0-80310300-1362002222_thumb.jpg

post-21258-0-43902000-1362002277_thumb.jpg

Looks like fun there as well. Was about the same conditions for us today. Snow was really packy. Cut fresh trail half of our 250kms to french river and back. (Oh ya,in wrong district again!!!). Hopefully the winter will last into mid march and we can get back to the deep river area for a last rip. You getting lots of miles on KCC?

Groomer has been running steady since Friday morning, thanks to the return of colder weather & lots of snow. Was over in the bronson area on Friday, must have been at least 9 inches of snow & sure was fun breaking trail on my sled.

I was out for a ride today, trails were awesome! I just wanted to say Thanks to our volunteer groomer operators for another great job!

Was out on the trails yesterday & they were in excellent shape!

Trails are still holding up pretty good. A-trail west was groomed overnight on Saturday.

KCC, are the trails any good from pembroke to Mattawa right now, or pembroke to Bancroft after this latest warm up? I'm looking to get one last ride in before the season is done.

I was wondering about conditions between Whitney and Pembroke. As of Tuesday March 12, 2013, at 430 in the afternoon, the ofsc interactive trail guide shows the B trail (running from Whitney to Pembroke) as GREEN for available. Does anyone know if this is an up to date status? I would like to try the trails tomorrow or Thursday, if they are indeed in reasonable shape

I don't have any info on Whitney and Pembroke. I was out on the NRSA trails on Saturday & they were good (Chalk River to Rolphton area). A friend was out on Sunday said the trails were great, however we had rain yesterday. I have not been out on the trails, but took a look at Rolphton trail & it did not look to bad. But with colder weather coming it may affect the lubrication of your sliders. Hopefully I will have more details tomorrow about the trail conditions.

KCC: Thank you for the information. It is getting harder to find places to ride! Whitney is about two hours from my home in Gravenhurst, which makes it pretty much the closest trail indicated as green on the ofsc online map.

Friend was out on NRSA trails yesterday, said they were in good shape. We got couple inches of fresh snow last night, so it will held with lubrication, more on the way. Now that colder weather is here the groomer maybe able to get out.

Groomer was out yesterday & groomed the A-trail from east of Chalk River to A-Trail/136 Junction, it will be heading out west on the A-trail from Deep River to Harvey Lake later today. We got some more snow about an inch or 2, so that about 4 inches the last 2 days. Trails are still in good shape, so get out ride!

We got about 3 to 4 inches of fresh snow today, groomer was out yesterday doing the A-trail east of Chalk River to Deep River. Trails were in good shape yesterday, was out on local trail 131, 134, 132, 136 into Deep River. Groomer is out on the A-trail from Deep River to Harvey Lake (west of Rolphton) tonight.

Groomer has been out all week, the A-trail from east of Chalk RIver to Harvey Lake (club boundary) was groomed last night/early this morning! So get out & enjoy this late season riding! Great job by our groomer operators!

post-21258-0-21152200-1364046373_thumb.jpg

Was in the area Sat AM... freshly groomed trails.. very nice ... perfect snow.. lots of traffic.. had to be 30 sleds in Rolphton for lunch. Ran a bunch of the 13x series.. thanks to all the volunteers efforts.. much appreciated! Probably ran into 75 sleds during the day. Great end to my season. Thanks KCC for the reports.

Hey KCC, rode the trails on saturday and they were all very nice. I think you came over and talked to us at the restaurant in Rolphton.

Are the trails holding up for a ride tomorrow?

Thanks!

Yamahas, if you do go for a ride tomorrow, let us know what the conditions are...I'm contemplating a ride up that way.

Grimm.. I have been up there past years very late. The only weak spot is just west of Rolphton, for 3 km on the pole line heading to Missing Link. The sun bakes this open section.. always passable.. just not great, but is it short. The rest of the bush roads will be perfect... I would not hesitate to ride there this weekend based on snow coverage. Sun and +8 Sat up there sounds very nice to me for spring riding! There are times trucking up from Ottawa in late spring.. there will be almost no snow east right through Petawawa... and then riding conditions from Rolphton west

That's what I've been doing for the last couple of years, except usually I unload in Mackey to avoid the rough trails near Rolphton.

Curious to know why the Missing Link trail #195 is showing yellow so soon this year...usually it's the one in the best shape before closing.

Grimm, I did not end up riding today but my buddy told me trails were great but the A trail was staring to wear out. Side trails were in great condition.

We did the 195 2 weekends ago. It had a few inches of fresh snow but was really gravely sounding if you know what I mean. Had it not of had that bit of fresh snow we wouldnt of taken it. The rest of the 195, 193 and 191 trails were awsome, as with the 130 series of Deep River area.(acutally all of the nrsa were great) I know that spot on the the power line where it gets thin, takes a beating in the sun.

The club trails are still good, however the A-trail is showing spring riding conditions, friends were out Wednesday, they had a good time. I heard lots of atving buzzing around our place today, be careful. I have parked the sled for the season, but friends are out today & I will let you know how the trails are.

Yamahas, yes I did talk to you at the Rolphton Restuarnt!

Archived