Winter Camping

ravinerat

DSC00084.jpg

This is the only pic of the inside. It is my Buddy's tent which is the same. It was -20 out and we were quite comfortable sitting around that night.

RR

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like fun!

Beverages :cheers:

(and I thought the tobaggans were for the tents, lol)

If you're warm and dry you could stay for a week or more. Good pic. I'll bet good times! :right_on:

I plan to stay out for a week in Jan and again in Feb. you'll know where to find me Fred.

We just need freeze up.

RR

With all the water in the ground and the cold returning the ground is like cement almost again. We are supposed to get some snow Sunday and Monday too.

Geez..that's a sweet looking tent set up. Better than the tarp and pine bows I slept on years ago.

This is more my style http://totem.scottcanoe.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=2&Itemid=7

I always wanted to go winter camping ever since I spent part of the night in a snow cabin as a kid.

That's a cool set up too. I know the canvas will hold heat better but that is slick for ice fishing.

Really hoping the cold keeps up. Everything freeze up then get dumped on. The lakes were all frozen up in the Black River area Mon. The ice was thin but it is a start. Once everything freezes up we are well on our way.

RR

looks fun, but I bought a Yamaha so I wouldn't have to go winter camping

No, no. The tent is for us to sleep in not keep your Yamaha in so it will start! Zing.....................

RR

Wow!!! Call ... Kojak... shots fired...1 Adam 12 see the man!

:coffeespit: Bet you have some young folks asking who the heck Kojack and 1 Adam 12 is! LOL.

No doubt! I am really freakin old! I remember the Streets of San Francisco, the original Hawaii 5-0, original SWAT, Emergency, Chips, The Nightstalker...good ol TV

Remember them all myself. How about Combat? Ok I feel real old, how about Car 54 where are you?

RR

''hilarious house of frankenstien'' in morning & ''rat patrol'' at night...

the yamahas start fine, thats the built in device that says to cold to sled stay indoors :hyper:

house of frightenstein was still on in reruns loved it , remeber most of that 70's stuff but liked dukes of hazzard and knight rider better

I Dream of Jeannie

(on a cold night, winter camping).

:D

Bonanza, Ed Sullivan - Topi Gigio, Green Acres, The Honeymooners, the list is lengthy

Yup, remember all those shows. We're winter camping right now. Want to go home and get my sled as there is enough snow for running the forest roads right now. Got to love Wifi.

Where are you camping??? Near a Tim Horton's?

Archived