Volunteering for anything needed.

luvsno

I don't have alot of time and 2 hours away (Mississauga), cottage near trail 7, but when possible would like to help on the trail in fall and winter. I can use a chainsaw and understand you need a certificate to operate it on the trail, where could I get one? I have a 4 wheeler as well to get wherever you need to get to. Is there an ongoing task list somewhere that whenever someone had some spare time they could tackle some of the jobs on it. I mean sometimes i can't sleep so I go and turn wrenches for a while in the middle of the night to relax. I was a mechanic by trade for 25 years and now have a r&d job but haven't lost my hands or memory to be able to help. Don't know exactly how i can help but would certainly like to.Thanks Tony. I will fill out the volunteer form now

Great attitude!! Thanks!

Many clubs also have a volunteer coordinator who compile lists of people with specific skills for different tasks. From everything from trail work to website design, most clubs need help everywhere. I found that after filling out forms or ticking off the checkmark on the permit application my information was getting lost in the shuffle, and I wasn't being called. At the end of the day it is better to go to a club meeting or call the club direct.

If you are a "wrench" many clubs have small equipment like the saws that need costly maintenance...maybe you can help them get the equipment ready? Even work on it at you own house when you feel like it?

Thanks for posting Luvsno !

Snowcrest was manning the Town of Gravenhurst Tourism booth these past few days at the Sled Show so today will be a settling back in day for sure.

You can scan and email your volunteer form to: snowcrest@vianet.ca

Or send me a private message with your email/phone contact information and get it into our records so you can be contacted. Thanks for your generous offer !

Tony,

Snowcrest has received your message loud and clear! I have confirmed your volunteer form submission was received.

Great to have you on board. May see you on the trail during some trail work.

Luvsno is about to enter a forest with STG and Domino.

All the best to ya and thanks for volunteering.

Totally reminds me of "Deliverance"....Ned...Ned....

I don't have alot of time and 2 hours away (Mississauga), cottage near trail 7, but when possible would like to help on the trail in fall and winter. I can use a chainsaw and understand you need a certificate to operate it on the trail, where could I get one? I have a 4 wheeler as well to get wherever you need to get to. Is there an ongoing task list somewhere that whenever someone had some spare time they could tackle some of the jobs on it. I mean sometimes i can't sleep so I go and turn wrenches for a while in the middle of the night to relax. I was a mechanic by trade for 25 years and now have a r&d job but haven't lost my hands or memory to be able to help. Don't know exactly how i can help but would certainly like to.Thanks Tony. I will fill out the volunteer form now

Welcome aboard luvsno. We did receive your volunteer application form and appreciate your generous offer very much. As STG mentioned, we have been busy putting things back together and working on getting a little rest after a very busy show. Snowcrest Riders has a great volunteer base and you will most defiately be a welcome addition to our Club. Our volunteer cooordinator of many years, retired at our AGM in June. Blake Schofield who was awarded the Club, District and OFSC Rookie volunteer of the year in 2010 as well as the CCSO National Canadian Youth volunteer of the year in 2011 was recently named our NEW Club Volunteer Coordinator. We have put a Pre-Snow Trail Prep Plan together, and will be contacting you shortly to see if you are available for any of the dates and or type of work.

I hope to meet you soon so I can personally welcome you to our team.

Thank you again for your offer!

Bob Clarke

Snowcrest Riders Snowmobile Club - President

OFSC District 7 - Alternate Governor

Great welcome for a new volunteer guys....well done. It took me four years to volunteer with my club...kept getting lost in the shuffle and club changes, almost cost them a couple good volunteers. I have to say..the best way to make a new volunteer welcome is get them on board fast, thank them in advance, and find them a job. Great work!

That was how I also got involved with our ATV club. One email to express interest, got a reply two days later and was out wardening a week after that, learning the ropes. Now a director, I very much enjoy what I do in my free time.

Hats off!

Luvsno, great club, great trails, great people.

Looking forward to getting out there to brush some trail.

STG, still figuring out this new IPad.

How do you turn the damn auto correct off!

Should of said tail!! LOL

Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread!!

This is one scary he/she photo. STG where do you find this stuff?

What a great Halloween costume!!!

female-body-builder-18.jpg

People might to start wonder about you. Not that there's anything wrong with that!!

STG, still figuring out this new IPad.

How do you turn the damn auto correct off!

Should of said tail!! LOL

That was some scary he/she photo you had there.

People might to start wonder about you. Not that there's anything wrong with that!!

Most people we wonder about from time to time but when you drop these comments we really start to wonder.

Sorry you had to see that, Izzy (and others).

The blindness wears off in a few hours.

Wow what a forum. It really started with my birthday and going to renew all my stickers. Snowmobile eh well maybe I should look for a course for my boy and how does that insurance work for him. Off to Ontario Conditions I go, first time since last March. I read sad news about a fellow sledder and how much he will be missed, I never met him let alone anyone from here and haven't really been out for about 12 years (kids hatched). Then off to the show we go to meet with Sandie whos knows my name and voice from all the panicked Dec. 1st 5:00 pm calls for a permit that never gets attached to the sled. Found last 4 years still on the paper but am not angry about it figuring I've paid and know that I am doing a little bit to support the club and trails for everyone. Sandie tells me about how little they actualy get out on the sled and about how much work is needed. Hoping me and the boy will have sometime to go this year I realize we should try and do some more so why not volunteer for something that we both know will be a benefit to everyone and maybe meet some nice people to ride with, (except the deliverance, he/she people, and other strange forest creatures that lurk here). That's about it, looking forward to a good winter and maybe some new friends to ride with.

Welcome luvsno, the OFSC needs more people like you... heck I wish you lived closer to me I'd take for my own club lol hope you can hook up with a club. good luck and thank for helping.

Archived