Jump to content
revrnd

Gas Station Closures & Openings

Recommended Posts

On 9/3/2017 at 10:33 AM, farmergeorge said:

Supposed to reopen after a full renovation but i'll  believe it when it happens. The card lock can be used by anyone with a credit card and is obviously 24hours. Roads aren't bad getting to it as the ditches are fairly large.  The new shell toward orangeville is a sled friendly stop and depending on your direction a good place to stop(restaurant next door)

Where's the new Shell at ? Fuel around Orangeville can be a toughy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/09/2017 at 0:43 PM, mcZEd382 said:

Where's the new Shell at ? Fuel around Orangeville can be a toughy.

Its a new Esso not shell:(, but is on hwy 9 between orangeville and grand valley, trail runs right past it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2017 at 5:09 PM, farmergeorge said:

Its a new Esso not shell:(, but is on hwy 9 between orangeville and grand valley, trail runs right past it.

Pretty sure I know where you're at. That's the top end of my clubs trails. Snowroamers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gravenhurst - Shell

 

looking @ Google Earth there is a Shell on the southbound side across from the Muskoka Store. Hard to tell from Street View whether the station is being renovated or closed. Pic was taken in 2015. Is the station open (it doesn't appear to be accessible by trail but I'd like to know for future reference.

TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, revrnd said:

Gravenhurst - Shell

 

looking @ Google Earth there is a Shell on the southbound side across from the Muskoka Store. Hard to tell from Street View whether the station is being renovated or closed. Pic was taken in 2015. Is the station open (it doesn't appear to be accessible by trail but I'd like to know for future reference.

TIA

Closed - no trail nearby.

 

gas.jpg.f16a82991fb4d2258592972fbbd5d234.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for clearing that up Slomo :right_on:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Guys,  For those of you that ride in the Dubreuilville area you know about our gas situation.  The Owner of the Magpie relay was not happy with the situation as it affected his customers and the residents.   For those that know Pat if there is a problem he will find a way to fix it.   He's in the Process of buying the old gas Station and will be upgrading it.   There will be 24hr Gas and you will be able to Pay with Credit cards and Debit.   No more of all those complicated things we had to do after hours and the only able to put 40 at a time after hours.   This is great news for the Snowmobilers for the new season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Groomer Guy said:

Hey Guys,  For those of you that ride in the Dubreuilville area you know about our gas situation.  The Owner of the Magpie relay was not happy with the situation as it affected his customers and the residents.   For those that know Pat if there is a problem he will find a way to fix it.   He's in the Process of buying the old gas Station and will be upgrading it.   There will be 24hr Gas and you will be able to Pay with Credit cards and Debit.   No more of all those complicated things we had to do after hours and the only able to put 40 at a time after hours.   This is great news for the Snowmobilers for the new season.

Fantastic news!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's fantastic !!!!! I always had an uneasy feeling thinking about pulling up to those pumps with little to no gas in the snow machine tanks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The Groomer Guy said:

Hey Guys,  For those of you that ride in the Dubreuilville area you know about our gas situation.  The Owner of the Magpie relay was not happy with the situation as it affected his customers and the residents.   For those that know Pat if there is a problem he will find a way to fix it.   He's in the Process of buying the old gas Station and will be upgrading it.   There will be 24hr Gas and you will be able to Pay with Credit cards and Debit.   No more of all those complicated things we had to do after hours and the only able to put 40 at a time after hours.   This is great news for the Snowmobilers for the new season.

Could Pat not leave the old pump system in for a couple of years as sort of a historic site? I'm sure people who have heard of the 'system' to get gas that have not made it up to D'ville yet, might even pay a couple of bucks just to try it out and experience it themselves. :blink:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question about gas on Big Hawk Lake. I have filled up @ the marina, but I also have a waypoint for gas @ Oakview Lodge noted 'VERIFY'. Can anyone confirm or deny if there is gas @ the lodge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×