Gas Station Closures & Openings

revrnd

On 9/3/2017 at 10:33 AM, farmergeorge said:

Supposed to reopen after a full renovation but i'll  believe it when it happens. The card lock can be used by anyone with a credit card and is obviously 24hours. Roads aren't bad getting to it as the ditches are fairly large.  The new shell toward orangeville is a sled friendly stop and depending on your direction a good place to stop(restaurant next door)

Where's the new Shell at ? Fuel around Orangeville can be a toughy.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/09/2017 at 0:43 PM, mcZEd382 said:

Where's the new Shell at ? Fuel around Orangeville can be a toughy.

Its a new Esso not shell:(, but is on hwy 9 between orangeville and grand valley, trail runs right past it.

On 9/11/2017 at 5:09 PM, farmergeorge said:

Its a new Esso not shell:(, but is on hwy 9 between orangeville and grand valley, trail runs right past it.

Pretty sure I know where you're at. That's the top end of my clubs trails. Snowroamers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Gravenhurst - Shell

looking @ Google Earth there is a Shell on the southbound side across from the Muskoka Store. Hard to tell from Street View whether the station is being renovated or closed. Pic was taken in 2015. Is the station open (it doesn't appear to be accessible by trail but I'd like to know for future reference.

TIA

4 hours ago, revrnd said:

Gravenhurst - Shell

looking @ Google Earth there is a Shell on the southbound side across from the Muskoka Store. Hard to tell from Street View whether the station is being renovated or closed. Pic was taken in 2015. Is the station open (it doesn't appear to be accessible by trail but I'd like to know for future reference.

TIA

Closed - no trail nearby.

gas.jpg.f16a82991fb4d2258592972fbbd5d234.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up Slomo :right_on:

Hey Guys,  For those of you that ride in the Dubreuilville area you know about our gas situation.  The Owner of the Magpie relay was not happy with the situation as it affected his customers and the residents.   For those that know Pat if there is a problem he will find a way to fix it.   He's in the Process of buying the old gas Station and will be upgrading it.   There will be 24hr Gas and you will be able to Pay with Credit cards and Debit.   No more of all those complicated things we had to do after hours and the only able to put 40 at a time after hours.   This is great news for the Snowmobilers for the new season.

2 minutes ago, The Groomer Guy said:

Hey Guys,  For those of you that ride in the Dubreuilville area you know about our gas situation.  The Owner of the Magpie relay was not happy with the situation as it affected his customers and the residents.   For those that know Pat if there is a problem he will find a way to fix it.   He's in the Process of buying the old gas Station and will be upgrading it.   There will be 24hr Gas and you will be able to Pay with Credit cards and Debit.   No more of all those complicated things we had to do after hours and the only able to put 40 at a time after hours.   This is great news for the Snowmobilers for the new season.

Fantastic news!!!!!

15 hours ago, The Groomer Guy said:

Could Pat not leave the old pump system in for a couple of years as sort of a historic site? I'm sure people who have heard of the 'system' to get gas that have not made it up to D'ville yet, might even pay a couple of bucks just to try it out and experience it themselves. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about gas on Big Hawk Lake. I have filled up @ the marina, but I also have a waypoint for gas @ Oakview Lodge noted 'VERIFY'. Can anyone confirm or deny if there is gas @ the lodge?

• 3 months later...

Is a new gas station being built in Englehart across from the GP chipboard mill? When I drove by there on Fri' it looked like steel had gone up for the overhead canopy.

TOP A goes right past a CCF (same brand as in Elk Lake) cardlock in Matheson. Not sure if it offers gasoline or is available to the travelling public.

• 5 months later...
On 9/22/2015 at 10:38 AM, smokeater466 said:

The General Store in Irondale is now closed so no gas there. Gooderham is open cash only.

It would appear that it has reopened. Driving home from Nunz's last night & there was a $1.299 sign out by the side of the road.

Archived