Gas Station Closures & Openings

revrnd

On 10/22/2016 at 10:49 PM, revrnd said:

I forgot to ask the D3 guys today @ the show, so here goes. Does anyone know the status of the Global gas station in Nestleton? The store is open, but the pumps have "no fuel" signs on them. Is this a temporary matter or have they stopped selling gas? I've heard that there supposed is a gasoline shortage due to a pipeline issue.

I just contacted a friend in the area and there is not going to be gas available in Nestelton ever again.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, grover_yyz said:

I just contacted a friend in the area and there is not going to be gas available in Nestelton ever again.

What about the Shell station to the west?

3 hours ago, revrnd said:

What about the Shell station to the west?

Shell station had the pumps removed several years ago as well. No sign of the pumps ever returning as well. There is a station on 7a near the highway 35 called Dew Drop inn which is an Esso station with a Daisy Mart(using streetview). Trail 220 goes to the station.

12 minutes ago, grover_yyz said:

Shell station had the pumps removed several years ago as well. No sign of the pumps ever returning as well. There is a station on 7a near the highway 35 called Dew Drop inn which is an Esso station with a Daisy Mart(using streetview). Trail 220 goes to the station.

I didn't realize the pumps @ the Shell were gone as well. I saw the signage, but was watching the traffic ahead of me.

• 1 month later...

The following might be old news for those familiar w/ the Cocobonk (as a friend's wife calls it) area.

The Shell & Sunys are both closed @ the highway 35 & 48 jct. Further up the road, the Cango north of Norland is closed as well.

On 2016-11-30 at 9:59 PM, revrnd said:

The following might be old news for those familiar w/ the Cocobonk (as a friend's wife calls it) area.

The Shell & Sunys are both closed @ the highway 35 & 48 jct. Further up the road, the Cango north of Norland is closed as well.

Apparently there is an approval for an ultramar and Tim Hortons at the corner of 48 and 35. 

I saw an ad in the Peterborough This Week  that Carveth's Marina on the south shore of Stoney Lake will be open for snowmobilers. Their contact info is 705-652-6226

randyhauth@hotmail.com

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

I saw an ad in the Peterborough This Week that Carveth's Marina on the south shore of Stoney Lake will be open for snowmobilers. Their contact info is 705-652-6226

randyhauth@hotmail.com

That will be nice! We have always made our way to the end of the lake to Reid's store, but its great to have options

in uffington ,a store is reopening their pumps soon.on 118 east at uffington rd.trail runs to it... trail # 7  .let u know when it open as i'm working in the area..

On 12/10/2016 at 4:33 PM, white dragon said:

in uffington ,a store is reopening their pumps soon.on 118 east at uffington rd.trail runs to it... trail # 7  .let u know when it open as i'm working in the area..

ahh, my wife's parents old store!

My wife (who retires in 7 days) claims her first job was there, counting out worms and pumping gas when she was 14

• 2 weeks later...

The gas station is hit or miss in Gooderham. I wouldn't depend on it being open/having fuel. Gas is confirmed in Harcourt & Wilberforce for this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this on the Stoney Lake Snoriders' Faceplant page that Stoney Point Marina on Kasshabog Lake has announced their hours for the sledding season:

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! 
Winter is here, which means we will be opening for the snowmobile season Friday January 6th!!! Beer battered Fish & Chips and Chicken Wings will be on the menu.

Winter hours:
Fridays: 3pm- 9pm 
Saturday: 9am- 5pm
Sunday: 9am- 4pm

We may add Thursday hours if the demand is there.

We will have Regular and Premium gas available as well.
Look forward to seeing everybody next Friday!

• 6 months later...

Is the AMCO in Port Sydney still open? Looking @ Google Streetview the image from 2015 shows a motorcyclist possibly filling up. 

• 5 weeks later...

I've heard that the FN gas station @ the junction of 69 & 529 (turnoff to Byng Inlet) is now an Esso. Can anyone confirm this?

I can say that Mooseland has now been cleaned up of all old debris and remnants of the old restaurant.  Site has 3 sets of footings for fuel tanks installed, and one tank sitting in place at this time.  Maybe that dream of riding to Longlac without carrying fuel will come true ....

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

I've heard that the FN gas station @ the junction of 69 & 529 (turnoff to Byng Inlet) is now an Esso. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes it is a big esso

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

Yes it is a big esso

OK, the last time I was thru there (July of last year) the station was open, but I didn't notice any ongoing work. 

Wide open for business and cheep Indian smokes.

5 hours ago, soupkids said:

Wide open for business and cheep Indian smokes.

How is 69 for construction up that way? Bro is passing thru on his way out west towing a 5er & meeting another couple near Grundy.

Most of construction is off the highway right now

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2017 at 11:30 AM, soupkids said:

Yes it is a big esso

Keeping the boat in Britt, so passed the new Esso a few times. No shortage of summer fuel as you head north from Parry Sound. 

Great summer hours as well. 6 am to 11 pm

Magnetawan Gas Bar and Store.

Tried to map out proximity to trails, but Interactive Guide is down until September 1st. Which is tomorrow!! The first sign of winter LOL.

Grand Valley Shell, corner of Hwy 109 and Regional Road 25 is done. But there is a giant card lock across the hwy open to the public. Just alot of asphalt involved.

On 9/2/2017 at 8:02 AM, mcZEd382 said:

Grand Valley Shell, corner of Hwy 109 and Regional Road 25 is done. But there is a giant card lock across the hwy open to the public. Just alot of asphalt involved.

Supposed to reopen after a full renovation but i'll  believe it when it happens. The card lock can be used by anyone with a credit card and is obviously 24hours. Roads aren't bad getting to it as the ditches are fairly large.  The new shell toward orangeville is a sled friendly stop and depending on your direction a good place to stop(restaurant next door)

I hope Orangeville area  gets consistent snow and temps this year. Topography looks awesome. Want to try the trails out that way. 

Archived