Winter 2012-2013

dweese

You know all these predictions are just going to jinx everything. I usually start praying to the great snow god the end of September early October. I think I'll bump it up a bit and start July 1 Canada day.

Are you kidding? There is only six more months to wait!

No..but Bob the buffoon in Barrie CTV will sure post nice pictures of little Timmie' drawings with lightening bolts coming out of his Mothers a$$, and flowers growing out his Fathers head.

Warmest 12 months ever on record for Waterloo region. They said Average temp per day for the past 12 months was 9.7. Normal is 6.3. Doesn't mean much, but shows an ugly trend that might continue. We are ready to harvest wheat in 10 days. Never taken it off this early ever.

BOB_MCINTYRE-150x150.jpg

I HOPE I CAN MEET FREDDY ONE DAY - I'LL MAKE LIGHTNING COME OUT OF HIS ASS !

thumbs up for bob....only weather man i like....there is some ''hot'' weather woman

Humidity on the way back for the weekend !

Bring on Canada Day

Yup she is going to be a hot one this weekend. I fired the A/C back up last night, so I'm ready.

• 1 month later...

From today's Toronto Star:

Toronto will see mild but real winter, climatologist guesstimates

Published on Thursday August 16, 2012

Katherine Fernandez-Blance

Winter is still five months away, but one thing is almost certain — it’s not going to be like last year.

The best guess is that Toronto will have a milder and less snowy winter than average years, but far closer to normal than last year’s record-breaking warmth.

U.S.-based AccuWeather released its winter outlook for the 2012-13 season Thursday, but Environment Canada and the Weather Network won’t release their Canadian predictions until much later.

“It’s too early to make a forecast,” said David Phillips, Environment Canada’s senior climatologist. “It’s a bit of a crapshoot.”

Instead, Phillips gave the Star his educated guess.

“This will be a tougher winter for Torontonians,” he said. “It will feel brutal compared to last year.”

Last winter, the great white north was decidedly less of a winter wonderland than ever before.

Both the balminess and lack of snowfall in Toronto broke records for the four-month winter season. It was 5.2 C warmer than the -3.8 C season average and snowed 75 cm less than the 115-cm average total throughout the winter season.

American reports are predicting an El Niño pattern — above-normal Pacific Ocean temperatures — by the fall. Phillips said this usually equates with a milder winter.

Early predictions for eastern Canada are in line with Toronto’s long-term forecast, while western Canada will see normal temperatures and snowfall.

Environment Canada will release its fall long-term forecast on Sept. 1, but Phillips said it’s looking like this will also be a warmer-than-normal autumn.

Winter predictions will come out Dec. 1, with the Weather Network, Canada’s other main weather service, releasing separate figures around the same time.

Although climate change could indicate a future with increasingly warmer fall and winter months, Phillips said it’s still important to remember the volatile temperament of Mother Nature.

“I think the weather just flip flops back and forth,” he said. “There’s no such thing as guaranteed weather in Canada.”

I think anything that comes out of his mouth is a guestimate.

Sure enjoying this break from the heat and humidity of June/July

Back outside enjoying the weather !

But doing alot fo sled window/screen shopping lol

thumbs up for bob....only weather man i like....there is some ''hot'' weather woman

I think we'll have to get Big Reg or Luc to translate this:

http://missmeteo.clubdiscussion.net/forum

I think we'll have to get Big Reg or Luc to translate this:

http://missmeteo.clu...ssion.net/forum

One bonus of riding up north is the chance to check out the weather girls on MeteoMedia LOL

Cochrane on the Christmas holidays for my first ride again , just had new skins and bearings put on the trailer

• 3 weeks later...

Muskoka Man seems to get on the trails early. Way to go.

• 3 months later...

You know all these predictions are just going to jinx everything. I usually start praying to the great snow god the end of September early October. I think I'll bump it up a bit and start July 1 Canada day.

You must have got the snow god drunk and hadn't woken yet. Hope he starts pucking soon.

Archived