Bell's fake pine tree's

Just seen on tv bell is planting 100 metre fake pine tree's as new cell phone and internet towers for musoka area. Should improve the snowmobiling experience this winter. Has anyone seen these fake tree's yet first hand.

No I haven't seen one. But I saw a news story about it and they also did one inside a cross that a church was putting up.

I've seen first hand picture of the Pine Trees being erected. They look reall good!!

They will only be used in places where absolutely needed. As you would imagine, there is an added cost for the site.

Seen one in Dwight and they just erected one in Honey Harbour. The woodpeckers are confused !!!!

There is one in Milford Bay , looks great , actually surprised Bell pulled it off

There is one in Milford Bay , looks great , actually surprised Bell pulled it off

Not just Bell !!.........in concert with FedNor "Link the North" initiatives by Tony Clement, Federal Industry Minister, Rogers is rolling out their own little known new brand of satellite television which may include internet access in remote regions. Particularly useful in Northern Ontario where it is impractical (expensive) to string cable.

As part of an SOP specific to 'congruancy' with the surrounding environment, Rogers has developed new types of transmitters and receivers:

post-19713-0-32044900-1337391621_thumb.j

Bell equipment on the left. New Rogers equipment on the right.

(surprised satrat up in Dryden hasn't been on top of this development)

we have been nailing subscriber modules to pine trees for 10 years now so it old news. Just a bit sticky in the spring if you have to re-aim the damn thing

I've seen first hand picture of the Pine Trees being erected. They look reall good!!

They will only be used in places where absolutely needed. As you would imagine, there is an added cost for the site.

If they look better than the "sculpture" on Barrie's waterfront, they should blend into the woodwork. While in WV or VA last week I saw a cell tower that had a few "branches" attached to it. Not a great representation of a pine tree, but better looking than the typical tripole(?) tower.

Archived