A new track system

Wolf

thats pretty trick...bet we start to see them around soon...

Doesn't seem to be fastened. I wonder how easy it is to drive out of, intentionally or not? Also would be a real bugger if you bury it! You think a Yammie is heavy?????

A new option for groomers?

most of us know - what goes up, must come down.

hate to be on a hill, lose traction, and slide down. We've all done it one icy trails (pre-studs). Not fun.

at the right price, makes sense for plow trucks, etc.

not sure I'd venture too far into the bush

great clip. thanks for sharing

Cool stuff but I'm not to sure if reliability is there yet as we had some tracked systems installed on our F 150 s here in Borden for offroading. To make a long story short our techs ended up taking them all off because they were always breaking components on em.

Looks like another fun way to enjoy winter. Hope it shows up next season.

Wondering how they get the tracks rotating in the right direction.

Doesn't the instruction manual tell you to use reverse to go forward and drive for reverse. If it didn't confuse the heck out of you it wouldn't be any fun.

Doesn't the instruction manual tell you to use reverse to go forward and drive for reverse.

That would be the Windows operating system. Always enjoy clicking the 'Start' icon to turn off my computer.

It looks like they actually bolt to the wheels lugs. They also use safety chain attached to the under side of the truck. A little more involved setting them up than the video leads you to believe.

Cool though. I want a set, if they don't cost more than a truck.

Who do you get to tow you out when you do get stuck? Wait for the snow to melt?

Just keep the pedal to the metal. Works for sled junk. Just don't stop to read your gps or answer your phone. Maybe you would need an 8000 ib winch to get you going again. Only way I see fit, unless you have a buddy with a track system too.

It looks like they actually bolt to the wheels lugs. They also use safety chain attached to the under side of the truck. A little more involved setting them up than the video leads you to believe.

Cool though. I want a set, if they don't cost more than a truck.

Ya noticed the link to the lug nuts area as well except in the case of the Hummer installation. Regardless the lug nuts normally rotate in the same direction as the wheels. Using reverse directions would result in significantly different ratios I would think. Agree that there must be much more to it.

Eddy Match!

A few things.....

If you can afford those tracks...you aren't worried one iota about tire wear.

If you can afford those tracks...you hire somebody to install and set them up.

If you can afford those tracks...you get stuck...you call Marine 1 to fly in and pick you up!

Do they meet the MSVA?

Lol!

Pretty cool though.

A friend out in Ft Mac' emailed me that link a few days ago. I don't think I'll be getting that kit. I wonder what the intended use is? Utility work? I recall seeing a video a few years ago of a tracked chassis that the truck drove up onto.

Maybe checking on transmission lines in the Winter? Maybe ice hut operators pulling their huts out with? I dunno what the practicality would be? I agree rev..utility companies could use them or oil line inspection companies maybe?

I could use them to get home. You have no idea how remote I am in the winter.......

Not remote enough for the rest of us.....

Not remote enough for the rest of us.....

That's three!!! What did you do? Eat razor blades for breakfast??? :rotflmao:

Archived